IT.COM

discuss 10x Your Money In Domains Or Crypto Currency?

NameSilo
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
A lot of domain investors also invest in crypto currency it seems as of late. I usually feel pretty confident that a domain I carefully acquire today will be a 10x+ my investment including holding time. If say, I were to buy bitcoin today, is it feasible that i would get 10x my money?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sold a lot of coins to fund a few big domain purchases. I'm sure I sold a little too early but atleast I have a few awesome names :)

•••
Buying alts is risky unless it's Req

•••
@wwwweb If I'm reading in between the lines correctly all I have to say is "I hope you didn't short XRP" by a wide margin.
They're predicting $3 by year end.

No, It is still young to play that dangerous game with XRP, I wouldn't recommend anyone do it unless they totally love gambling, and play russian roulette. I have been trading it on a short least in 10 cent swings.

I have made enough trading this week to purchase a cheap 3L.com, but I have enough domains, anyone using BINANCE here? I am just going to pick a few longs, and take a break for the rest of the year, it is hard to step away, but going to buy gold with the profits, and the other half into IOTA.

Not going to buy anymore bitcoin, will try to trade for it thru domain sales.

I have noticed when something becomes to good of a thing, and everyone flocks to it, the bottom tends to fall out very quickly, going to approach with some caution now.

•••
You can tell the end is near for profits when the Big boys are stepping in big time. Like listing bitcoin futures on the CBOE.

I road through a few bitcoin bubbles so things can get rocky..and it hits fast! Like halving in price overnight.

My advice is, don't keep your coins in the exchanges. They will fail, it's not a matter of if..it's a matter of when. Use the exchanges to trade and transfer it to a cold wallet when you're not trading with it.

•••
You can tell the end is near for profits when the Big boys are stepping in big time. Like listing bitcoin futures on the CBOE.

I road through a few bitcoin bubbles so things can get rocky..and it hits fast! Like halving in price overnight.

My advice is, don't keep your coins in the exchanges. They will fail, it's not a matter of if..it's a matter of when. Use the exchanges to trade and transfer it to a cold wallet when you're not trading with it.

Get yourself a Ledger Nano S or Trezor (check Amazon)

•••
Get yourself a Ledger Nano S or Trezor (check Amazon)
Recently sold LedgerPay, but not to them, I do own the plural of their main domain though. I like the Trezor better.

I agree with what Larry said, do not leave balances at these exchanges, this is the Wild West, they could collapse, and you will be left holding the bag, don’t expect any watch dog to fight for you.

•••

Oh it's nice to get the opinion of a cryptotrader who's been in the game for years rather than months.

Both vitalik and Charlie say that we're about to enter a huge correction crash. You're saying it too. Kinda scares me a lot.

Btw, is it safe to keep your coins in bittrex? Has it ever been hacked

Also: RIP net neutrality

•••
No, It is still young to play that dangerous game with XRP, I wouldn't recommend anyone do it unless they totally love gambling, and play russian roulette. I have been trading it on a short least in 10 cent swings.

I have made enough trading this week to purchase a cheap 3L.com, but I have enough domains, anyone using BINANCE here? I am just going to pick a few longs, and take a break for the rest of the year, it is hard to step away, but going to buy gold with the profits, and the other half into IOTA.

Not going to buy anymore bitcoin, will try to trade for it thru domain sales.

I have noticed when something becomes to good of a thing, and everyone flocks to it, the bottom tends to fall out very quickly, going to approach with some caution now.
If you're into daytrading crypto, u should join a paid group. I'm part of one and you learn exponentially. In the month I've been there I learned a little bit about bolinger and crypto, the crypto psychology to key you into when to buy and when to sell, the reliable professional trade call services like pbc, and much more.

Like one thing we do is hawking the binance twitter for newly added coins. If you see their tweet within 5 minutes and buy that coin, then you'll most likely see it jump about 20 percent from the price you bought it at.

Usually new coins added to binance can only be bought on etherdelta, which is a hassle to learn to use

•••
You can also get in on all these juicy ICO's directly with promos like free coins and share rewards.
https://icodrops.com

•••
You can also get in on all these juicy ICO's directly with promos like free coins and share rewards.
https://icodrops.com
In the us, ico presale is banned. But that's a pretty lucrative deal because if you buy a good ico at presale before the tokens are released then you make 400% or more.

In our group we have our non-US members apply for slots so everyone can buy the presale. We did this for wabi and well :p, we all know what happened when wabi hit binance :D

•••
In the us, ico presale is banned. But that's a pretty lucrative deal because if you buy a good ico at presale before the tokens are released then you make 400% or more.

In our group we have our non-US members apply for slots so everyone can buy the presale. We did this for wabi and well :p, we all know what happened when wabi hit binance :D

So basically you're selling a service, thanks but no thanks.
I have no issues whatsoever buying ANY ICO, very simple ways around country road blocks.

•••
Trust no one in crypto.. I've had my shares of scams..and shutdowns..haha.. still in the middle of a lawsuit with Mtgox. I wasn't around to give myself advice back then ;) GREED is the root of all evil ;)

•••
If I can do it myself and cut the middle man that's the road I take.
Plenty of groups and clubs... just not for me.
I decide my own fate and I'm responsible for my own choices.

•••
So basically you're selling a service, thanks but no thanks.
I have no issues whatsoever buying ANY ICO, very simple ways around country road blocks.
It's not my service and I'm not selling it I subscribe to it. you're lucky to be living outside the us for I c os.

•••
If I can do it myself and cut the middle man that's the road I take.
Plenty of groups and clubs... just not for me.
I decide my own fate and I'm responsible for my own choices.
I used to think like that in the spring, but my crypto trading grew after joining my group.

It's not about being a sheep, it's about learning from what makes them succeed and also seeing the errors they make. It's kind of like trying to domain without namepros as a resource. You use NP to learn.

Try joining a group and see what they have to offer. There are both free and paid ones. And you'll most likely need telegram.

•••
•••
•••
Today was a good day for everyting. Laws of physics were violated. BTC went up, alts didn't crash. Everything just went up.. up... and up.

But I hope you all do know that it's going to crash today or Monday because this is all FOMO buying or some kind of weird manipulation. I did some swinging today, then I left for BTC because i'm not going to get stuck on the Sunday crash.

•••
That’s a silly prediction as far as btc in that the btc party has barely begun. Btc is fast moving freight train still. May dip but won’t crash anytime soon.

Also, xrp and iota just went down not everything just went up.

Last edited:
•••
That’s a silly prediction as far as btc in that the btc party has barely begun. Btc is fast moving freight train still. May dip but won’t crash anytime soon.

Also, xrp and iota just went down not everything just went up.
It crashed when CBOE was released. It's crashing today and tomorrow. And the alts are going down with it. Whether it'll recover to 20k again is probable, but who knows.

•••
So guys, I just got a message forwarded to me from a friend. Thought this would be the best place to share -

"
*What is BITCOIN*

A lot of monkeys lived near a village.🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

One day a merchant came to the village to buy these monkeys!🐵🐵🐵🐵🐵🐵

He announced that he will buy the monkeys @ $100 each. 🐵💵

The villagers thought that this man is mad.😇

They thought how can somebody buy stray monkeys at $100 each?🤔

Still, some people caught some monkeys and gave it to this merchant and he gave $100 for each monkey. 😬

This news spread like wildfire and people caught monkeys and sold it to the merchant.😬

After a few days, the merchant announced that he will buy monkeys @ 200 each. 🐵💵💵

The lazy villagers also ran around to catch the remaining monkeys!🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

They sold the remaining monkeys @ 200 each.😋

Then the merchant announced that he will buy monkeys @ 500 each!
😮💵💵💵💵💵

The villagers start to lose sleep! ... They caught six or seven monkeys, which was all that was left and got 500 each.🙊🐵🐵🐵🐵🐵🐒

The villagers were waiting anxiously for the next announcement.🙄

Then the merchant announced that he is going home for a week. And when he returns, he will buy monkeys @ 1000 each!🐵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵

He asked his employee to take care of the monkeys he bought. He was alone taking care of all the monkeys in a cage.🤠🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒

The merchant went home.😎

The villagers were very sad as there were no more monkeys left for them to sell it at $1000 each.☹😞😓

Then the employee told them that he will sell some monkeys @ 700 each secretly. 😶

This news spread like fire. Since the merchant buys monkey @ 1000 each, there is a 300 profit for each monkey.😬

The next day, villagers made a queue near the monkey cage.🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐵🐒🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑

The employee sold all the monkeys at 700 each. The rich bought monkeys in big lots. The poor borrowed money from money lenders and also bought monkeys!
🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒🐒💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵💵

The villagers took care of their monkeys & waited for the merchant to return. 😕

But nobody came! ...😤 Then they ran to the employee...🤠

But he has already left too !😉

The villagers then realised that they have bought the useless stray monkeys @ 700 each and unable to sell them! 😩😫😨😰😭😭😭😭😭😭
The Bitcoin will be the next monkey business
😜

It will make a lot of people bankrupt and a few people filthy rich in this monkey business. 🐒😉😅

That' how it will work🤣 "

•••
It crashed when CBOE was released. It's crashing today and tomorrow. And the alts are going down with it. Whether it'll recover to 20k again is probable, but who knows.

Where were you? It sold off the day before futures started trading at Cboe - which they’ve already been trading at deberit since mid 2016 - when people like SirDrago who were incorrectly prognosticating disaster dumped in fear of the unknown but in the hours right before cboe futures trading btc started going up and continued up.

Anyway, wait and see. Doesn’t sound like you have any btc anyway, or do you just say things like “it’s going to crash” without acting on your own advice?

Last edited:
•••
Where were you? It sold off the day before futures started trading at Cboe - which they’ve already been trading at deberit since mid 2016 - when people like SirDrago who were incorrectly prognosticating disaster dumped in fear of the unknown but in the hours right before cboe futures trading btc started going up and continued up.

Anyway, wait and see. Doesn’t sound like you have any btc anyway, or do you just say things like “it’s going to crash” without acting on your own advice?
Sir. I have looked up to you, but now it seems like that may change.

If you're only looking at the overall picture of the crypto world, then don't dismiss crypto daytrader's advice because you aren't keeping up with the pumps and dumps in prices.

And then saying I don't have btc :). Now I know why the other guy was mad at you...

CBOE began bitcoin futures trading Dec 10, 2017. Look at BTC price between December 6, 2017 and December 11, 2017. It rose to 18k, then plummeted the weekend before it was released.

Of course bitcoin recovered and ATH'd. But I was only talking temporary dump.

If bitcoin doesn't dump today or tomorrow, then you'd be right. My prediction is going off of the earlier futures release.

•••
When Bitcoin approaced 17K, I sold quite a bit and bought LiteCoin at $100/coin.
What makes LiteCoin such a good investment now... It is offered on CoinBase and many people do not even have PC and want in on the action.

Finally there is a crypto exchange that makes it very easy for somebody with just a $30 dollar android and debit card with only $100 in their account. LiteCoin is much more affordable to a newbie who just signs up on CoinBase.

So many think BitCoin/Cryptos is a bubble and will totally crash and probably not a good investment. But I believe BitCoin is only a solution to reckless monetary policy by central banks around the world. They have printed so many trillion dollars ever since President Nixon took the USA off the Gold Standard. Every currency in history, that is fiat (not backed by gold/silver) has failed. All fiat currencies from the begging of time have been printed to oblivion. Just about every currency in this world is tied to the US Dollar, thus they are fiat currencies as well.

Another reason why crypto's are doing so well is because Interest Rates have been artificially suppressed by central banks to stimulate economic growth and inflation... and it is NOT working. Ever since the 2008/2009 Great Recession, There is no such thing as Interest on your savings. Just go ask anyone over 30 years old... Do you remember a time when you could get 6 percent interest on your savings or money market account? And they will respond 'YES". Then ask them why is there no more interest on savings... and most of them will say.. "I dont know". But the fact is they should know and understand why. I remember back in 2006 i had some great moneymarket/Certificate Deposits (CD) domains and would get $10/click on domain parking.

Central Banks use Interest Rates to control inflation/deflation. They called it money expansion or money tightening. When prices start to rise fast, like in the late 1970's... The central banks raised interest rates so people start saving and not spending. This slows the velocity of money and gets control of rapid inflation. When nobody is spending prices go down and that is called deflation. The only problem with high interest rates will crash the economy and stock market. Nobody can afford a loan and so many people lose their jobs. So lets just keep interest rates near zero forever. Not such a good idea because it creates inflation.

In 1980, Paul Volker the head of the US Federal Reserve, raised interest rates to 24 percent. to control inflation. Back then the USA was only 300 billion in debt and could afford to pay the 24 percent interest. Now, the combined bank derivatives of the US Fed/ECB/BOJ/ is over 200 trillion. It is unsustainable.

Today the US government is over 21 trillion dollars in debt. No way in hell will Central Banks be able to control inflation when it gets a grip on the economy. They would never be able to pay the interest on such a huge debt (if raised to control inflation) and would cause hyperinflation like Venezuela. When inflation starts and rises fast it is not like you can put the Genie back in the bottle.

Gold and Silver should have been rising like Crypto's over last few years but the Central Banks have found a way to suppress them by naked shorting GLD/SLV Exhange Traded Funds on the Chicago Mercantile Commodities Exchange. The Federal Reserve gives the Bullion Banks unlimited funds to sell the paper stock of Gold/Silver to drive the price down and they they cover their short contracts on the futures market. It is a rigged market and the CFTC (who governs fair trading or ETF's) just looks the other way to keep the US dollar propped up.

The CME is now trading Future Contracts on Bitcoin (for last week) and has not affected the price. Uut until they can start at ETF, it would be impossible to suppress the price of BitCoin. The Federal Reserve would have to own millions of bitcoins to be able to suppress the price and even if they did... it would be to expensive. I often thought maybe this is why price of BitCoin keeps going up so fast because Central Banks are trying to get a large position to manipulate it later... .which makes me like liteCoin ever more.

My advice to all domainers... your better off just buying LiteCoin that just investing in crypto domains. It is much more affordable. Will probably get 10 X your investment in next year.

•••
•••
Back