Dynadot

discuss 10x Your Money In Domains Or Crypto Currency?

NameSilo
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
A lot of domain investors also invest in crypto currency it seems as of late. I usually feel pretty confident that a domain I carefully acquire today will be a 10x+ my investment including holding time. If say, I were to buy bitcoin today, is it feasible that i would get 10x my money?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Need some expert here for this question

So any one can create a new crypto currency and publicize it so that people mine and collect?
Then it will continue towards the end block as mining continues. People will start to collect and prices will rise.

Is it that easy? Where are the fundamentals?

BTW BitcoinBubble.com is registered :(

Last edited:
•••
$3.22 now

And still going..

Screenshot_20171205-112220.jpg

•••
IOTA will crash sooner or later. DYOR and don't let emotions or fear of missing out guide you!

•••
IOTA will crash sooner or later. DYOR and don't let emotions or fear of missing out guide you!

In the mean time I'll continue to make bank while your imaginary dooms day arrives. ;)

•••
But why will it crash.
They have the most advanced implementation of blockchain.
Any particular reason?

•••
In the mean time I'll continue to make bank while your imaginary dooms day arrives. ;)
you 'make bank' by selling on the way up. I have more in altcoins that you I'm sure.

Good luck.

•••
•••
Any suggestions to best place for someone from Canada to get into the lesser known coins?
Two reasons i prefer crypto
1. No spam after purchase
2. No renewals
3. I wont drop coins
4. Time

•••
I expect btc to go up over all over time long term including from here but there will be intermediate ups and down. I had a vision that it would reach 11,500 then drop back to 9500 and eventually go to 13,000. We shall see. I am not selling, been accumulating and holding since 2013, and I will accumulate more btc even at these levels.

My vision has been fulfilled! we went from below 10K to 11,441, then dropped back to 9500 and below, and just today passed 13,000. exactly as I predicted.

•••
My vision has been fulfilled! we went from below 10K to 11,441, then dropped back to 9500 and below, and just today passed 13,000. exactly as I predicted.

what is your opinion about litecoin, iota and others

•••
I am BTC only. That's not the say that I wouldn't have wanted to be in other cryptos, but BTC is the only one I'm into, other than this other one that I knew the developers and they gave me some free, but I don't think it has gone anywhere yet so not worth mentioning.

If I were to get into any others I would go with ethereum and litecoin, in other words, the top ones only.

As far as these newer ones, some will make it and some will go to zero.

If you want to look at it this way, BTC, ethereum and litecoin are like blue chips, and something like IOTA and these other newer ones are like penny stocks.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I'm wondering what is the main real reason Bitcoin value incensed extreme fast 2016-2017?
In my opinion it looks more like media manipulation hack, because transaction amount has not really increased a lot. It looks like people buy Bitcoin more as investment for some kind of future not for real use...
Top 100 largest bitcoin wallets "sponsors" was definitely interested that name "Bitcoin" reached masses and people buy it to increase its value. Snowball Effect?

What Do You Think? Can someone explain this?

Bitcoin Value 2016-2017
2017-12-07_1-04-00.png

The total number of Bitcoin transactions, excluding the 100 most popular addresses. 2016-2017
2017-12-07_1-01-41.png

https://blockchain.info/charts/

Last edited:
•••
Normal currency, may be printed indefinitely, with no limits. Part of the appeal or perceived appeal (which really, comes down to the same thing) of BTC is that it has a definite limit of supply, and we are already close to 80% of all bitcoin that may ever be brought into circulation. For the same reason (limited supply), BTC is additionally perceived as the ultimate hedge against inflation, immune from governmental manipulation.

In a way, it is like virtual "gold" other than that gold may have some uses (it looks nice, for jewelry, some use in electronics, dentistry), but really - when it comes down to it, gold costs what it costs because it is in limited supply, not for any other reason. Inexplicably, even though there is far less platinum (ALL the platinum that has ever been mined throughout history could fit into a 25 cubic square box), gold has surpassed platinum prices! Which means, that perceived value can mean more than scarcity, which again, brings us back to...bitcoin...perceived value.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I know about bitcoin since 2013 it is great concept of virtual gold. But does not really explain why price didn't increased from 2014 till 2016 and now in one year value is rocket to moon.
People was sleeping? Or maybe big mining farms was made at 2016-2017 hmm... I still don't get it
After all if there is no people who use it there is no value in it, no matter what kind of concept.

Last edited:
•••
What about diamonds? They are a common stone there are far more scarce stones like rubies or star sapphires. De Beers artificially props diamonds up by hoarding reserves and limiting mining.

BTC is just starting to go mainstream, that is why it is going up. This is just the beginning. 2018 will be the year of cryptocurrencies.

•••
•••
In my opinion, the reason that BTC has gone up but didn't skyrocketed the 2014-2016 period is that many people now believe that BTC is not a scam and already has a critical mass supporters, meaning that it will now go down to zero. In another words, it is more "mature" now. The real question is how it survived in the early years. Well, miners and strong community really believed in it and supported it well. China with the strict regulations that imposed on various fields also had played a role, as it forced many chinese consumers to use alternative currency.
The only risk I can foresee is that governments will fight it to the end because they want the monopoly over the currency. They don't want to lose the monetary tools for any reason. Technically they can not shut it down. So they will FUD it I believe (they will pay famous economists to talk against it, the central bank heads will warn that it is a ponzy scheme, they will outlaw it etc).
On the other head, people in many countries want a stable currency and when BTC price will set it will be a better option for them(now BTC can not be considered even as a quasi money). I am talking about countries who saw the fiat money go down by 30% or more in a night (Russia,Turkey,Japan,African countries etc), or countries with capital controls (Greece) and many other examples.
It will be a battle between people who have power and want the monetary control against people and common good. In my humble opinion no one can predict what will happen on this matter.

•••
No one may predict the future. But I did predict the exact rise from below 10k to 11,500 back down to 9500 and then 13,000.

What this means or should mean is that the coin is in a predictable momentum movement right now. I’m no Nostradamus but I foresaw the future precisely.

To go against this bitcoin momentum would be as silly as shorting AMZN after it has gone up some arbitrary figure that day or week, on the lame theory of “it’s gotta go down.”

I have a friend who shorted the S&P two days before the November 2016 election. At the time I told him it was a stupid thing to do because Clinton was going to win and the market would roar. In fact, the night of election DOW futures skyrocketed on early returns that put C ahead. Then when it became clear that G (Grump) was going to win futures crashed mightily.

Ironically, by morning the DOW opened barely -100 and has kept soaring since. My friend kept buying more puts on SPY, doubling, tripling, quadrupling down Grump Style, on the theory that “it’s gotta go down.” Poor guy ended up losing over $100,000. by March 2017, when all his puts expired worthless.

This BTC is so clearly in a bull run phase that I find it hard to believe that anyone could not see it. It’s a runaway freight train. The party may be over someday, but not today!

Not yet! Not today!

Last edited:
•••
•••
I think what we've basically come to is a crossroads of haves and have nots, those without bitcoin are determined to dismiss it, those with believe in it. It's really as simply as that.

But the general tide is rapidly moving towards more people wanting to have, than have not, and this is driving the price up. That's the reality. Everything else is just...talk.

There is a tide in the affairs of men....

Last edited:
•••
•••
If you created a wallet like mine, completely anonymous logging in only via proxy during its entire history, and never cashed it out, you might never know who is behind it. Still, they could track down the people or entities who sent me coins over the years and slap them around and demand, To whom did you send it? (of course, cops wouldn't use the proper whom, but, you get the idea), and if any one of them broke under questioning, assuming I gave my real identity to any one of them, lol, they could find me that way.

Also once I start cashing out there will be a definite trail.

And anyway, even with anonymous wallets there is still a trail between all transactions, so bitcoin transactions are just as traceable as money transfers.

So really, bitcoin is not the greatest way to transfer funds without a trace.

I mean, all the transactions are recorded and at the end of the day you must cash out somehow.

Last edited:
•••
I bought Bitcoins with 200$ as a test at price of 9500$ few days ago
With very long way of verifications ( I had to send selfie with credit card)

Now if I want to sell at 15000$

I get only 215$ !!! Transaction fees!!
I do not know how people are making profits from holding !

Why would anyone buy bitcoins at 15,000$ hoping to get 100% profits if it hits 30k , where in fact he gets much less

Risk does not worth buying with this price , other coins with less fees are all bloody red going down

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back