Dynadot

discuss 10x Your Money In Domains Or Crypto Currency?

NameSilo
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
A lot of domain investors also invest in crypto currency it seems as of late. I usually feel pretty confident that a domain I carefully acquire today will be a 10x+ my investment including holding time. If say, I were to buy bitcoin today, is it feasible that i would get 10x my money?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For those interested in the investment thesis of bitcoin one should search YouTube for Anthony Pompliano or Michael Saylor or Andreas Antonopolous. Also read the book The Bitcoin Standard. Note that Crypto like stocks has traditional bull and bear markets. Volatility is high both up and down.

•••
Following Robinhood's decision earlier Thursday morning, Redditors stood up a new forum, r/ClassActionRobinHood, to coordinate efforts for a lawsuit. It collected more than 31,000 users Thursday.

One law firm that Redditors have engaged with is ChapmanAlbin LLC, based in Cleveland, Ohio, which specializes in investments and financial fraud. The firm's homepage currently has a prompt titled, "Are you a Robinhood user who has suffered losses?" along with a way for people to submit information.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ClassActionRobinHood/

SOURCE

•••
•••
C&P From another forum...

They've crippled billionaires, they've become millionaires, they are bringing down RobinHood, they've brought it down to 1 star on app store and google are now getting involved. They are now filing class action lawsuits against Robinhood.

Justin Sun has joined in with GME, the US governments involved, the UK financial authorities are involved, the Asian markets are now joining in.

What the hell can these guys not do? This is turning into a global threat against the billionaire hedge fund owners. They are the ones who FEAR every trade now. Meanwhile on reddit? They are partying and laughing.

Oh the tables have turned...

Mark Cohen caught for insider trading with his first hedge fund loses billions, crying about how reddit users are breaking the rules. oh the karma...

How long before the SEC try taking down wallstreetbets? I wonder what WSB's collective response will be if they attempt a shutdown.

Is a decentralized forum the next move?

Attachments

• upload_2021-1-30_12-3-23.gif
    upload_2021-1-30_12-3-23.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 182
•••
Anyone know how you can still Sell your XRP if located in USA?

The Ripple VS SEC case has lead to Coinbase, kraken and others to halt trading for US residents. Which is total BS......how can they keep us from selling ? Forcing us to hold through whatever price swings?

I've seen you can "withdrawal" but that's not the same as Cashing Out.

Apparently, I can not sell my bitstamp hodlings, nore buy more If i wanted to.

Anyone?

•••
Anyone know how you can still Sell your XRP if located in USA?

The Ripple VS SEC case has lead to Coinbase, kraken and others to halt trading for US residents. Which is total BS......how can they keep us from selling ? Forcing us to hold through whatever price swings?

I've seen you can "withdrawal" but that's not the same as Cashing Out.

Apparently, I can not sell my bitstamp hodlings, nore buy more If i wanted to.

Anyone?

1.Try using a VPN to sell.
2. Try to exchange it to Eth then sell. (NOT btc)

Let me know if any help you.

•••
•••
well... it's 31.7k now... I think it's over.

Gotta wait another 4 years until the next 1/2.

Shouldn't have bought in... selling all probably to cut losses. Don't want another 2017 Dec.

Hope you didn’t sell at a loss.

•••
•••
Observations but not recommendations - Bear markets in stocks can result in a decline of 50% or more peak to trough. Bear markets in crypto can result in declines of 80% or more peak to trough. However, very few perfectly time buying at the bottom and selling at the top. After a top is confirmed it can take a year or so before a bottom is reached and markets may stay depressed for several months afterwards before there is any meaningful reversal. Crypto bull markets tend to finish with a parabolic upwards move in a matter of weeks before a quick reversal. True no one likes seeing an 80% decline in their portfolio but those steep declines historically have been after a parabolic upwards move not from a modest increase. This recent correction in the crypto markets was the first of this cycle. The last cycle had several significant corrections before it's final peak. Past performance is not guaranteed to repeat but crypto Youtubers seem to believe the current cycle will continue through the summer and possibly into the fall. A few believe this cycle will last longer than prior cycles. Regardless, with many central banks printing money like mad, it may be a good idea to have some sort of inflation hedge.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
News today of Tesla investing about 1.5 billion in Bitcoin

Last edited:
•••
•••

Market Wrap: The ‘Elon Effect’ Blasts Bitcoin to $44.8K While Ether Moons
https://www.coindesk.com/market-wrap-elon-effect-bitcoin-up-ether-moons

Damn. I finally bought some Bitcoin and Ethereum 2 weeks ago and am up almost 30%. Should of bought more.

I guess those getting into this late in the game really just have to ask themselves, do you feel prices have peaked? If yes, don't invest. If you feel it will go higher, invest. I was going to get more if it went back to the low 30s.

Last edited:
•••
Market Wrap: The ‘Elon Effect’ Blasts Bitcoin to $44.8K While Ether Moons
https://www.coindesk.com/market-wrap-elon-effect-bitcoin-up-ether-moons

Damn. I finally bought some Bitcoin and Ethereum 2 weeks ago and am up almost 30%. Should of bought more.

I guess those getting into this late in the game really just have to ask themselves, do you feel prices have peaked? If yes, don't invest. If you feel it will go higher, invest. I was going to get more if it went back to the low 30s.

I got ETH @$186.00 just about a year ago.
Also my wife had a wallet with ETH and she can't find the key lol

•••
Hang in there 50k is coming - which I figured was inevitable but within years. Instead, it might just be days!

Last edited:
•••
welp. if I still had btc, i would have roughly almost 2x if it hits 50k. But, alas.

•••
•••
•••
Tesla said in its annual report published Monday that the decision to move nearly 8% of its reserves into bitcoin was part of its broad investment policy as a company aimed at diversifying and maximizing its returns on cash, including holding gold.

•••
I think it completely depends on what YOUR ROI is with domaining VS your expected return on crypto, and only you know the answer to that. If you dont, best to do both.

Im personally heavily invested in 5 stocks. I do domaining as a business. Typically, a "successful" business will far out perform any stock holdings.

Its not uncommon to make 1000% return per year from business ventures. But if you pick a good stock you might can get 100% on a few good years.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back