IT.COM

discuss 10x Your Money In Domains Or Crypto Currency?

NameSilo
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
A lot of domain investors also invest in crypto currency it seems as of late. I usually feel pretty confident that a domain I carefully acquire today will be a 10x+ my investment including holding time. If say, I were to buy bitcoin today, is it feasible that i would get 10x my money?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Actually the more people who prognosticate doom like this guy Richard Blair the more the millennials dig in their heels and go for bitcoin!

This is not our grandfather’s currency!

•••
Oh I'll be backing up the truck, I'm a long term bull. Best to let head rule over heart.

•••
Same sort of philosophy that has had people sitting with their hands in their pockets while AMZN was at 200. 400. 800. 1000. 1200. Oh no, this can’t be.

AAPL at 85. 100. 120. 150. 170. It’s gotta go down.

And then even after it does drop they set some ridiculously even lower target for entry, and end up not even getting on board.

BTC will similarly jump islands at each new consolidation and after each correction.

Last edited:
•••
it has been artificially pumped. Time will tell how it plays out. Maybe my buy orders are too low, or maybe I'll get 4x more bitcoin from having sold 7k-9.5k. In case I'm wrong, I still ride with 6 that aren't for sale and investments in some good alts.

•••
Well, riding with six is fine! You’re there brother! Skin in the game.

•••
I also understand not jumping back in at say 9500 if one sold at 10000. Le jeu est joué as far as getting back in unless it drops a lot.

But if you scroll up, I predicted the rise to 11500 and the consequent drop to 9500 both, while it was still below ten. Now the second part of my prognostication was a rise from 9500 to 13000.

Last edited:
•••
•••
If anyone remembers MGTOX, I had the former CEO made low ball offer of $5xx for Keywordcoindotcom, 2.5 years ago. He was a real A$$ to deal with, very cocky.

I think 2014 is when that blew up, and I wonder how many bitcoins he managed to squirrel away.

MtGox, which claimed it once hosted around 80 per cent of global Bitcoin trading, shuttered in 2014 after admitting that 850,000 coins - worth around US$480 million at the time - had disappeared from its vaults.

850,000 coins in todays valuation is mind blowing

Last edited:
•••
Irrevocably lost coins only increase the value of what is left (lower the float, so to speak).

Stolen coins...unclear. If they are still in the stream of commerce, their effect would depend on a variety of factors, such as if the thieves already disposed of them (in which case whatever effect they had might be old news), if they disposed of them quickly without regard to a drop in price if dumped too fast, whether they sold them at a discount to others who consequently might want to dump them recklessly (having obtained them at below market value), etc.

Last edited:
•••
One thing that is disturbing about bitcoin I'll admit is that the exchange...never closes. At least with the stock market we turn off our computers at 1pm PST and don't have to think about it before 6:30am PST (baring some pre or after market action, on earnings or other special days).

The bitcoin market...Oh, honey, this never stops.

I may be in for the long haul but it doesn't stop me from checking the price here and there.

•••
Stock markets and stock trading never closes. Even in the old days when the London stock market had jobbers and brokers, I've had a broker phone me in the evening at home to sell some shares ( which I sold). The next day a takeover was announced, and the bidder had been hoovering up shares to make his bid unconditional.

•••
•••
•••
Irrevocably lost coins only increase the value of what is left (lower the float, so to speak).

As usual you make little or no sense - how do you know if a coin is lost, or just being kept for investment.

•••
Kuffy, you'd best stick to what you know. Whatever that might be. :xf.grin:

I will say this, you are one of the most good natured, likable persons on this forum. I never see you get upset. Hat's off for that! (y) We could all learn from you in this respect.

Last edited:
•••
BTC and other cryptocurrencies are going high because there are certain amount that will be release by blockchain within a particular period, which are far less than demand of the available p2p.in the system.
It will continue to appreciate the more people are embracing it but , hun, hun, hay! But any thing can happen.

I f you are tying your money on it today, you have to watch it carefully, because of unexpected that could happen. It could fall like litening in a week, just within a week and by then no one could be able to sell off!

Yes! it will continue to go up if the nations like US or UK Japan, China and EU will not rise one day to ban it in their various countries The danger in buying crypto currencies is very high than you are thinking of it today, if you are investing on crypto coins, you have to make sure you are able to withstand any problem that could sudenlly arises from any of those government.

The only sign that could give me courage to invest in any of the cryptos is when banks are accepting it with government support.

Just my own view!

•••
The younger generation doesn’t want a currency accepted by governments. A lot of us view traditional investments as being manipulated by those in power. The appeal of BTC is partly that it is off the grid. By the time it goes completely mainstream the run may be over and by then it may have become much less volatile.

I think it’s easier for Millennials to grasp what they cannot touch having grown up in a digital age.

Last edited:
•••
The younger generation doesn’t want a currency accepted by governments. A lot of us view traditional investments as being manipulated by those in power. The appeal of BTC is partly that it is off the grid. By the time it goes completely mainstream the run may be over and by then it may have become much less volatile.

I think it’s easier for Millennials to grasp what they cannot touch having grown up in a digital age.
Noted! but do not say you are not aware of the unexpected that could happen!

•••
I hate to advise anyone to get into a stock or something like btc when it is at an all time high. However, as contradictory as it may sound, often the time to buy a stock or investment is on its way up not down.

I expect btc to go up over all over time long term including from here but there will be intermediate ups and down. I had a vision that it would reach 11,500 then drop back to 9500 and eventually go to 13,000. We shall see. I am not selling, been accumulating and holding since 2013, and I will accumulate more btc even at these levels.

If it hits 25000 next year will consider selling. Consider. Not definitely.
Your prediction was right.

I'm in alts right now.

So there's still plenty of chances to 10x, the hard part is hodling through the times when your alt drops to -50÷

•••
A lot of domain investors also invest in crypto currency it seems as of late. I usually feel pretty confident that a domain I carefully acquire today will be a 10x+ my investment including holding time. If say, I were to buy bitcoin today, is it feasible that i would get 10x my money?

Open a day trading account and day trade crypto / usd eg btc / usd etc and you'll see the new crypto coins that can be traded etc

But there are some good bargains to be had eg xrp coin Ripple etc is currently about 4 coins to 1p

It's finding a decent crypto wallet tho if you are buying crypto as a long term investment but domain name investor skills eg having the patience to sit on a domain and wait till a buyer makes offer etc are the same skills needed for crypto

There are significant advantages to buying cryptocurrency instead of domains etc eg no udrp by latecomers etc and crypto has a universal value so no need to dispute offer or opinion of what it's worth as it's current price can be found on any computer globally at any time etc

Last edited:
•••
My magic question is, what are the means for someone to attain BTC? I will love too get into that action.

•••
My magic question is, what are the means for someone to attain BTC? I will love too get into that action.
Gemini or coinbase. Former is better IMO

•••

I think you will find the usual human behavior before it's over with. Scandal, fraud, thousands pilfered of their "hard earned" savings and eventual lawsuits. That has already happened, yet many participants with a vested interest in crypto-currencies becoming more expensive continue to rationalize the irrational for their own benefit.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back