IT.COM

discuss 10x Your Money In Domains Or Crypto Currency?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
A lot of domain investors also invest in crypto currency it seems as of late. I usually feel pretty confident that a domain I carefully acquire today will be a 10x+ my investment including holding time. If say, I were to buy bitcoin today, is it feasible that i would get 10x my money?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not investment advice but Crypto.com Earn might be of interest. They also offer rebates on card usage when crypto is converted to a card balance and spent.

•••
I was watching a video about a development funding proposal for Bitcoin Cash. The CEO of a mining farm was explaining his proposal and the article mentioned his .top domain. In my view you lost all credibility using .top - you could not find a more credible extension or does your mining farm produce so little revenue you can only afford a $1 domain?

•••
•••
Looking for a rise to 10k? Could be on the horizon....

I'm NOT a licensed broker but if you allow me to share some "advice" you might be better off buying gold positions.
All I'm saying is please be careful with new trends that are stacked against you from the get go. If you believe BTC options is something for you then I wish you great fortune.

It's coming!!

•••
It's coming!!

Lightning Labs has raised $10 million in Series A financing as it gears up to launch its first paid service for merchants looking to accept bitcoin payments.

Good luck to all.

•••
oh crap.. bch is 430... bsv 300........ i should have listened to the little voice in my head and switched my couple of ethers while ago for one of those two... now i'd be like 500 richer.

i have a pretty bad feeling about ether future.

Last edited:
•••
oh crap.. bch is 430... bsv 300........ i should have listened to the little voice in my head and switched my couple of ethers while ago for one of those two... now i'd be like 500 richer.

i have a pretty bad feeling about ether future.
Yes, BCH just skyrocketed overnight, Tesla like return right there on the day.

I wonder how much of this is tied to what is going on in China right now?

•••
Investment in domains is still better than investing in crypto...

•••
Yes, BCH just skyrocketed overnight, Tesla like return right there on the day.

I wonder how much of this is tied to what is going on in China right now?

for sure crypto is sensitive to world events.. and there is noting biger than corona now.. far as events go... not sure if there has been in long while either..

i don;t think btc will break 10k just yet.

but my voice says bch hits 1k in next 30 days.

i am gathering courage to switch my 2eth into 1bch :)
so help me voice!

•••
however as I said recently said in the other thread..

21 million total bitcoins.. - 2 to 4 million lost forever
7 billion people
some 50-60 million milionaires worldwide... willing to pay extra for somehting rare/exclusive..

lets do the math... not sure when they'll mine htem all.. some say 2040 some say 2140... and it can happen before too of course.. either way... i see potential for a 1million$ bitcoin!

i dont feel like doing the math now... but btc basically covered more distane since inceptioin than between current value to one million anyway... or somehting like that ;)

Last edited:
•••
I've been holding BTC, EOS, ETH classic and Ethereum (sadly I sold my bch a bit early).. Market is starting to look good. This could be the beginning of the real trend higher!

visit http://coinlive.com/prices/

To see up to the seconds prices

Last edited:
•••
well there is this talk about bch mining tax... i just read today.. not sure what effect it'll have on bch.. i've not read much into it...

•••
Currently testing Crypto.com EARN program - sort of like a CD for crypto deposits.

•••
•••
ether sucks
who with me

https://www.coindesk.com/rsk-launches-interoperability-bridge-between-bitcoin-and-ethereum

The parent company behind the bitcoin-based smart contract platform RSK has launched a token bridge joining it to ethereum.

Gibraltar-based developer IOV Labs said this week its newly released interoperability bridge would allow users to cross RSK- and ethereum-based digital assets, including ether and ERC-20 tokens, across the different protocols.

HODL

•••
While I have only made a limited number of wallet to wallet transfers, I recently did my first ETH transfer and it went through in less than ten minutes. That compares to nearly thirty minutes for LTC transfers and 90-120 minutes for BTC transfers. Ok EOS transfers are going through in 4-5 minutes and that appears to be because there is a delay between transfer initiation and the actual "shipment.". I realize BTC confirmations are supposed to be ten minutes with six confirmations necessary to validate a transaction. Litecoin has 2 .5 minute confirmation times vs bitcoin's ten minutes. Well, practice varies somewhat from theory.

•••
•••
Many alt coins are up 100%+ since mid-December. - time for a correction IMO.

•••
btc 10.3
eth 240$

at which prices do you guys hodl no more?

•••
btc 10.3
eth 240$

at which prices do you guys hodl no more?

I'm going to let it ride higher. Momentum looks to be going the right direction. I'll probably sell some when momentum starts to weaken. 30% btc, 35% eth, 10% eos, 5% etc classic 5% stellar

•••
on the bright side, my 4000 stupid trons which I paid 600$ for when they were 15 cents each.. (my first crypto adventure.. I knmow.. total failure lol).... are now worth not so far from 100$.... used to be like 40$ not long ago...... so I hope I recover my investment before I die.

Last edited:
•••
on the bright side, my 4000 stupid trons which I paid 600$ for when they were 15 cents each.. (my first crypto adventure.. I knmow.. total failure lol).... are now worth not so far from 100$.... used to be like 40$ not long ago...... so I hope I recover my investment before I die.

Not likely! Next time don't put all your money in at once. Buy into it over a spread of time. It's almost double since Jan 1st of this year. So to get your money back, you would need to have purchased some more..

Buy a few more today for 1/6 of your original cost.. Average cost your purchase price..

•••
for anyone who wnts to play round in crypto... even if we are not very advanced in crypto or crypto trading and not have exchange account like binance... we can stil use a quick exchange like coinswitch or changelly... so say u got one bitcoin... and you see it go up, and its like 10k... but you think it will go down shortly... then u can like exchange 0.1btc to usdt or anothr stable coin... giving you 1000 usdt... then when it goes down to say 9k... u can use that 1000usdt to buy btc again... and you will have more than 1btc total! :)

im so smart :P

no but really.. its a cute way to start in crypto.. no need for fance binance exchanges etc.. many people get scared off by fancy exchanges and graphs. hence changelly and others exist!

•••
Not likely! Next time don't put all your money in at once. Buy into it over a spread of time. It's almost double since Jan 1st of this year. So to get your money back, you would need to have purchased some more..

Buy a few more today for 1/6 of your original cost.. Average cost your purchase price..

all true
it was bad first investment. still who can say trx won't be > 15 cents each one day.. so maybe i still make money! :)

i didn't put all my money into trx... but being ebay guy before, i did buy most of this 4000trx on ebay lol... i know stupid.. so big markups there etc! still at the time I bought it 15cents each on ebay, trx was still doing good and going up... shortly after i think it passed 15 cenbts.. except i didn't sell.. cause i wasnt familir with exchanges etc.. and ebay started to ban crypto sales (tons of fraud... chargebacks etc)... and then trx went down.

but im sure in future it'll be worth 10 cents or more.. there is way worse than trx out there :)

whats the all time high for trx.. i think like 30cents or so

•••
In November / December I got more aggressive on domain pricing hoping to generate cash to buy more crypto. I had a couple of sales but not what I had hoped for. At this point, crypto prices have moved up very quickly so I believe it would be risky short-term to buy (FOMO seems to be kicking in), but thus far I have only sold a little LTC. BTC transfers tend to be slower and have higher fees than many other cryptos but BTC is like .Com of the crypto space.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back