Dynadot

discuss 10x Your Money In Domains Or Crypto Currency?

NameSilo
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
A lot of domain investors also invest in crypto currency it seems as of late. I usually feel pretty confident that a domain I carefully acquire today will be a 10x+ my investment including holding time. If say, I were to buy bitcoin today, is it feasible that i would get 10x my money?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Digital wallets...
Electrum
Exodus
Jaxx
Ledger

Are just a few top notch IMO.
Hope that helps.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Got examples?
Sure, let's say you invest $10 in bitcoin - unless bitcoin just vanishes, you'll still always have some money ($0.0000000000000001+), while if you spend $10 on a domain, it doesn't sell and you don't renew it. Your money is gone, and even if you try selling it at $1, not everyone will bite.

•••
It all sounds simple but yet confusing...I need to get more educated on the matter. Though it sounds like an adventurous project.

•••
Bitcoin is becoming a store of wealth and not a trading currency. As a result of this, you need to run a full node, even if it is a pruned one, to look after your investment. In my opinion it is foolish to use an online wallet. It's the same as giving your money to a fiat bank, or your cash wallet to a stranger to look after. All of the thefts and scams come from using online wallets, unprotected computers, or stupidity ( leaving your wallet open on the screen in a public restaurant whilst you go to the 'loo for example ).

•••
fact : bitcoin is a big bubble

the only value it has is that people buy it and holds but as currency exchange for product or service it is practically unusable.

•••
The one issue that shadows cyrpto currency is the black market economy, as soon as something @%&@)@ happens, and it was funded via bitcoin, or some other coin, regulators are going to be all over this.

If you have a few million dollars, sure buy some bitcoin as an emergency fund, all these guys that are into negative type of legal dealings, since nothing is physical it poses a real danger for legislators who rely on forfeiture of assets.

That is just one side of it, there are legit people investing also, but there is a dark side also, I just don't know how the two find common ground. The average person has no need for bitcoin, I agree in economies with unstable governments it is a great idea. The banks have been given freedoms to make money on currency exchange no matter what, paypal doesn't even let you send gift payments to people in other countries without charging a surcharge, these are all fees that are not needed, but are kept in place to keep fat cats plump. In this regards crypto currency is a blessing.

Cyrpto currency trading is very risk, I have a friend who has an account at Gemini which was not easy to get, and they have been burned a few times trying to trade, it is not as easy as it seems, no different that the stock market, or forex, I think guys probably have a better chance trying to flip coin domains at this point, or you can pony up $10K for 1BTC, and hope for supply, and demand type upward movement. I have no idea, I will play it from the domain side, as it is to rich to gamble with at this point.

Last edited:
•••
Am i the only one who cant wait for the "Bubble" to pop!

•••
The one issue that shadows cyrpto currency is the black market economy, as soon as something @%&@)@ happens, and it was funded via bitcoin, or some other coin, regulators are going to be all over this.

If you have a few million dollars, sure buy some bitcoin as an emergency fund, all these guys that are into negative type of legal dealings, since nothing is physical it poses a real danger for legislators who rely on forfeiture of assets.

That is just one side of it, there are legit people investing also, but there is a dark side also, I just don't know how the two find common ground. The average person has no need for bitcoin, I agree in economies with unstable governments it is a great idea. The banks have been given freedoms to make money on currency exchange no matter what, paypal doesn't even let you send gift payments to people in other countries without charging a surcharge, these are all fees that are not needed, but are kept in place to keep fat cats plump. In this regards crypto currency is a blessing.

ALL valid points but you used the magic word as to why bitcoin is breaking all rules and records.... GOVERNMENT.
The people who are tired of being fcuked out of 38% of their back backing labor.

•••
Crashes never come when expected, so as long as many naysayers are standing at the sidelines with amused skepticism, the rally will continue. In fact, the rally has only begun.

After EVeryone

and his grandmother are IN, then...the crash might come. BTC has only just started to gain mainstream acceptance. The rally is barely even starting.

Last edited:
•••
Crashes never come when expected, so as long as many naysayers are standing at the sidelines with amused skepticism, the rally will continue. In fact, it has only begun.

In economy that is not true.

•••
it will just take a big shake up for that to happen, either people will flock to another crypto, or a big theft will deem it unreliable.

for those who had them early, they made millions off of the sucker buying in now - it a pyramid scheme since there is no value or use for it.

•••
I'll post the source link when I can find it again... I believe it was money dot com

Bitcoin’s emerging popularity has also been brought to the attention of the Internal Revenue Service. So if investors cashed out their Bitcoins after holding it for a year, they’d be subject to a capital gains tax, which is typically around 15%. So if investors cashed out a Bitcoin investment that was initially worth $100 but appreciated to $13,820 in a year, their tax could be around $1,923. But a short-term Bitcoin investor, who spent or sold their Bitcoin within a year of first buying it, they’d be taxed at the ordinary income tax rate, which can be as high as 39.6%. Capital gains taxes max out at a lower 20%.

•••
I am sure that bitcoin is sustained thanks to the ignorance of millions of people. 99% are regular people, only the 1% are smart. hit and run.

Last edited:
•••
the majority of the coins are held by a very small group just waiting to sell... i would too, lol

•••
the majority of the coins are held by a very small group just waiting to sell... i would too, lol

I sold half yesterday and cashed out.

•••
In economy that is not true.

Of course it is...when the shoeshine boy starts giving you stock tips, that's when to get out of the market. Just like when cab drivers were stock trading on their cell phones in 1999.

Anyway, you want to be right, or you want to be rich? I can't believe it myself, how much I am up in BTC. It is, perhaps because it is such an unreal sum that I am in no hurry to sell.

•••
$100 USD = 0,01 BTC, this is a joke.

•••
•••
•••
Of course it is...when the shoeshine boy starts giving you stock tips, that's when to get out of the market. Just like when cab drivers were stock trading on their cell phones in 1999.

Anyway, you want to be right, or you want to be rich? I can't believe it myself, how much I am up in BTC. It is, perhaps because it is such an unreal sum that I am in no hurry to sell.

In economics the real and good information does not have everyone, that's why not everyone sees the fall. but the information is there, Think with your head, not with feelings.

Last edited:
•••
This is December 1998 for bitcoin, not December 1999.

All the bozo Wall Street brokers who didn't understand internet stocks were predicting the beginning of the end, after the crash in December 1998 too. lol And then came 1999....

Last edited:
•••
•••
ALL valid points but you used the magic word as to why bitcoin is breaking all rules and records.... GOVERNMENT.
The people who are tired of being fcuked out of 38% of their back backing labor.
I totally agree with you, true story I did a domain buy today, seller was asking to close via any top crypto currency, I had to pay them 5 percent extra to close via traditional means, only because they had to pay that % to the middle man for processing.

Cryptocurriences are practical and make sense for trade online, a few months ago, I was offered 3 BTC for a Coin + 3 letter English keyword .com, I basically told him I don’t care how or what I want $25K, at that point those bitcoins were worth about $14K, so deal didn’t make sense, he told me maybe wait a few months, and it could be worth that much, or more. He was right that deal is worth $30k today, $5k more than I wanted, domain is still in play, so not worried, as all deals don’t work out, but just an example to show you guys.

•••
I totally agree with you, true story I did a domain buy today, seller was asking to close via any top crypto currency, I had to pay them 5 percent extra to close via traditional means, only because they had to pay that % to the middle man for processing.

Cryptocurriences are practical and make sense for trade online, a few months ago, I was offered 3 BTC for a Coin + 3 letter English keyword .com, I basically told him I don’t care how or what I want $25K, at that point those bitcoins were worth about $14K, so deal didn’t make sense, he told me maybe wait a few months, and it could be worth that much, or more. He was right that deal is worth $30k today, $5k more than I wanted, domain is still in play, so not worried, as all deals don’t work out, but just an example to show you guys.

I wish you would have taking that deal as well.
I'll suggest to you and everyone reading this thread. Grab and setup a digital wallet just in case, it's free!
Things I purchased with bitcoin...
4 Tires for a work truck, tool cabinet w/ tools, 4 days ago a brand new snow blower etc

Keep in mind that "Square" payment processor now accept BTC. Which I'm in the process of installing on all my sites.
If papal jumps aboard that would be killer!

•••
Back