IT.COM

discuss 10x Your Money In Domains Or Crypto Currency?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
A lot of domain investors also invest in crypto currency it seems as of late. I usually feel pretty confident that a domain I carefully acquire today will be a 10x+ my investment including holding time. If say, I were to buy bitcoin today, is it feasible that i would get 10x my money?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If I were new, I'd buy and hold at this level, versus trying to trade.

•••
Here comes the "Pump"
Futures +26%
Screenshot_20180330-175527_Chrome.jpg

•••
If I were new, I'd buy and hold at this level, versus trying to trade.
If you were smart, you would have sold some on the way up and not talked smack to people like me who did. Think about me as I add to my btc stash regularly. I can ping you each time if you like..

Last edited:
•••
Which “up” should I have sold at? When it hit $500? $1000? $2000?

Unless you’re holding the amount of coins I have and have been holding as long as I have been then your comparisons do not apply.

•••
Which “up” should I have sold at? When it hit $500? $1000? $2000?

Unless you’re holding the amount of coins I have and have been holding as long as I have been then your comparisons do not apply.
that's the difference between you and me. I don't presume to know other people's circumstances and ridicule or chastise when people take profit.

Staying diversified means having capital on hand to take advantage of buying opportunities be that in cryptocurrencies, domains or whatever.

•••
Profit is profit whether you're holding 1 btc or 10,000
Each person has their own financial limits and investments.

Now, if you happen to be in the situation to have 10k selling half after making 300% profit is actually the educated move. Trading with pure profit allowing you to diversify along the way.

Buy and hold gets you profit when it's available.

•••
Good idea to be invested in both -- both have a lot of growth value, and certainly more than just 10x

•••
One global currency....One global economy...I like my Uniconomy.com :)

•••
•••
I haven’t read the Bill but unless it’s backed by the actual gold - paid on demand - what’s the point?

•••
I'm no Warren Buffet and definitely not an expert on currency. But from what I have read the so called "gold standard" is a relic from a time long past. Correct me if I'm wrong with any of my reasoning.

Some reasons I think this might be foolish.
1. There is a lot more that goes into the value of a currency.
2. There are a lot of other commodities on the market that add value too the US Dollar/GDP. For example, I'd find cheap energy commodities more appealing than gold. You can power a factory with energy, you can heat a home and in general do a lot more with energy than gold.
3. The debt associated with the Dollar has more influence on its value than the gold it's backed by. Let's say a foreign government or investor owned a substantial amount of US Bonds/Debt. The US started to Default on that debt. I don't know about you, but I would be more interested in Natural Resources than Gold. Energy commodities for example. Heck if I had a Nation of over 1 Billion people, I'd be more interested in Farms. Food has appeal and value to everyone, gold can't feed a family unless you find a farmer who's willing to trade for it.

The appeal of any currency is simple, what can you get for it? If you have a currency from a Country with a small and limited Economy, you won't be able to trade the currency for much in that Country. But if you have currency such as the Dollar, Euro or Chinese Currency... All of those Countries have robust Economies and produce a ton of products/services. You can trade that currency for numerous products and services. The more products and services you can trade the currency for, the wider appeal it has. Wider appeal = more value.

•••
Again I have not read the bill, but Defining the dollar as an amount of gold is not the same as a gold standard where the government must keep on hand and issue an amount of gold on demand for every dollar.

•••
Bitcoin is actually pretty easy to acquire.
First off, there are established sites like coinbase, wesellcrypto and glidera which allow for the purchase of bitcoin. Then, there are many forums where you could do a User to User exchange, but usually there is a fee. Then, you can always acquire a domain for example, and sell it for bitcoin. Mining is also an option for users with a large stock of GPUs, CPUs, Machines, etc.

You can also grow bitcoin more easily, investing and gambling are two of the options (I don't condone gambling). Then, bitcoin also extends to many more cryptocurrencies, and altcoins could also make you quite a bit of cash, if you use your time and resources to the fullest extent.

Finally, you could always "cheat" a way to buy bitcoin. Some altcoins allow an option to purchase with paypal (ex. potcoin), then you could go to any trading site (bittrex, poloniex, kraken, etc.), deposit the altcoin and then sell for bitcoin and you got yourself some bitcoin cash.

A quick guide to earn bitcoin.

Keep in mind Bitcoin (BTC) and Bitcoin Cash (BCH) are two different coins - I'm sure that last sentence could confuse someone who doesn't crypto

•••
•••
any trx predictions?????? 15 cents this year? more? less??

•••
any trx predictions?????? 15 cents this year? more? less??
not a fan. Maybe.

I'll predict $50 $ZRX and $50 $DIVX

•••
I bought the dip hard between $6600 and 7100

special shout out to
@xynames

•••
•••
Now looks like a good time to stock up on LTC down to $98

I would still take 10x in domains

•••
Crypto has advantages that domaining does not; liquidity and no yearly holding cost.

•••
Crypto has advantages that domaining does not; liquidity and no yearly holding cost.

dont forget being jumpy alot
and ability to go to zero
any day with no warning

•••
Of course, nothing is completely risk-free, not even government bonds, but we can reduce those risks in the long-term through diversification and buying panic-driven dips.

•••
1 $ZEC will be worth $20k in the next 10 yrs

•••
In 2-3 years

• Navcoin will be around $ 200
  • CampusCoin around $ 3-4
  • SportyCo around $ 100
  • Vertcoin will be at $200 - 300
  • Viacoin around $50 - $100 my guess

•••
In 2-3 years

• Navcoin will be around $ 200
  • CampusCoin around $ 3-4
  • SportyCo around $ 100
  • Vertcoin will be at $200 - 300
  • Viacoin around $50 - $100 my guess
what did you use to predict this? data?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back