Dynadot

discuss 10x Your Money In Domains Or Crypto Currency?

NameSilo
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
A lot of domain investors also invest in crypto currency it seems as of late. I usually feel pretty confident that a domain I carefully acquire today will be a 10x+ my investment including holding time. If say, I were to buy bitcoin today, is it feasible that i would get 10x my money?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Being a noob to this and the site I'm hesitant too voice my opinion. But I tend to agree with your view on domains. I view domains as the real estate of the internet (.com) is prime coastal property, which will only become more scarce and difficult to find. That will mean more competition for what's out there and what's good.

I've never been a fan of Crypto currency, it all just makes me nervous and I view it as a high risk investment. That said, high risk investments tend to have the biggest ROI but they also have a higher likelihood of a loss. So if I had the choice, I would definitely go the Domain route.
99.999+% of domains are junk as there is so much supply.

A visual representation of the domain name ecosystem might be Nevada. Lots of barren desert land then in a few areas are where people can make a living and do business.

Vegas and the strip represents the pinnacle of domains.

•••
•••
•••
•••
"March' prices.
March 2010: $0.003
March 2011: $1
March 2012: $5
March 2013: $80
March 2014: $600
March 2015: $250
March 2016: $400
March 2017: $950
March 2018: $8,500

•••
"March' prices.
Growth is exponential :xf.cool:

•••
•••
A lot of people are going to kick themselves for getting out early when BTC hits ~$15K in next 2-3 months.

If you don't believe me, just watch and then feel free to quote my post when it happens.

You may ask me, how do I know and answer will be it's a secret - years of studying the markets. :xf.wink:

•••
A lot of people are going to kick themselves for getting out early when BTC hits ~$15K in next 2-3 months.

If you don't believe me, just watch and then feel free to quote my post when it happens.

You may ask me, how do I know and answer will be it's a secret - years of studying the markets. :xf.wink:

oh no!
is you serious?

I was already putting together $1000 to buy me 10 btc in a week.

damn it

•••
"March' prices.

well okay.. but don't you wanna mention it went from 20k to 7k now? its big drop no?
especially if you bought it for 20k.. and why wouldn't you.. when everyone was screaming it'll be worth 100k or 1million soon after.

•••
oh no!
is you serious?

I was already putting together $1000 to buy me 10 btc in a week.

damn it

You need to wait to the end of the year for those kinda of prices, but you still won't be able to get 10 for that. :-P

Last edited:
•••
well okay.. but don't you wanna mention it went from 20k to 7k now? its big drop no?
especially if you bought it for 20k.. and why wouldn't you.. when everyone was screaming it'll be worth 100k or 1million soon after.

Hence "March prices" NOT "History of bitcoin"

•••

It's not that BTC wont go incredibly high. It's just that people don't usually understand the concept of Time and how time affects price. BTC needs to correct itself before going higher and this will take a lot longer than people realise or want.

Last edited:
•••
It's not that BTC wont go incredibly high. It's just that people don't usually understand the concept of Time and how time affects price. BTC needs to correct itself before going higher and this will take a lot longer than people realise or want.

so it will go incredibly high? when and how much?

•••
so it will go incredibly high? when and how much?
I rather not say publicly, but we're talking crazy levels in 5-10 years, maybe sooner, 3-7 years. Not sure exactly.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I rather not say publicly, but we're talking crazy levels in 5-10 years.

you are smart guy.
its best not to say such things (dates and numbers) publically
there is already 1 million youtube videos that do just that.

so.. just for fun of it.. once it gets incredibly high... what do you think will happen next? stay.. drop.. big .. small...?

or do you think btc has potential to grow infinitely and just keep growing.. beyond incredibely high levels.

•••
you are smart guy.
its best not to say such things (dates and numbers) publically
there is already 1 million youtube videos that do just that.

so.. just for fun of it.. once it gets incredibly high... what do you think will happen next? stay.. drop.. big .. small...?

or do you think btc has potential to grow infinitely and just keep growing.. beyond incredibely high levels.

Price goes up, hits a peak and then falls dramatically, then the cycle repeats. There are going to massive rises and drops in the coming years in my opinion.

We'll have to wait and see.

Last edited:
•••
Price goes up, hits a peak and then falls dramatically, then the cycle repeats. There are going to massive rises and drops in the coming years in my opinion.

cool

after watching some videos.. and reading some articles.. every one predicting something different and in most cases just plain opposite of each other..
sometimes I do wonder whether someone out there truly does have the answer and knows how it'll unfold in future

or is it like the other guy here said.. ANYONES GUESS
;)

•••

We'll have to wait and see.

So let me get this straight...
5-10 years prices will go up ... then down and repeat. WOW!! That's just amazing foresight. Lmao

•••
So let me get this straight...
5-10 years prices will go up ... then down and repeat. WOW!! That's just amazing foresight. Lmao

What do you want me to say. Do you want me to say August 13 2022 at 3:40pm UTC price will be $22,202 and you should mortgage the house and buy and HODL :xf.laugh:

All I'm saying is this, ~$15K in 2-3 months, low X,XXX by the end of the year. Crazy BTC prices in 3+ years. Oh and the current March/April bottom is ~$6K.

Just my opinion. Good luck.

Last edited:
•••
everyone has a prediction and opinion :)

that's the fun part of btc.. and also the devastating part about btc.. for many who will invest in it.

•••
cool

after watching some videos.. and reading some articles.. every one predicting something different and in most cases just plain opposite of each other..
sometimes I do wonder whether someone out there truly does have the answer and knows how it'll unfold in future

or is it like the other guy here said.. ANYONES GUESS
;)

everyone has a prediction and opinion :)

that's the fun part of btc.. and also the devastating part about btc.. for many who will invest in it.

I believe 0.01% traders know about the predictability of price, the rest are walking around in the dark.

Anyway, we'll come back in 2-3 months and see if my prediction was right or if I was just talking out of my arse. :xf.wink:

•••
I hear of market manipulation. Big players controlling the market through control of BTC. Any validity?

•••
I hear of market manipulation. Big players controlling the market through control of BTC. Any validity?

I don't think so. At least not in BTC perhaps in other pump/dumps in coins. The market is too big. People usually jump to "manipulation" when they don't understand what's happening. Just my opinion.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back