Dynadot

discuss 10x Your Money In Domains Or Crypto Currency?

NameSilo
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
A lot of domain investors also invest in crypto currency it seems as of late. I usually feel pretty confident that a domain I carefully acquire today will be a 10x+ my investment including holding time. If say, I were to buy bitcoin today, is it feasible that i would get 10x my money?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Anyone using Kraken without issue of dep, or wd headaches?

•••
Cryptocurrency is my new favourite hobby. I've made more in 6months in crypto then 5years in domaining $xxx,xxx in cryptocurrency.
Icon.Foundation I purchased @ $0.11 value now $515 - This is just one ICO investment. I own tokens in high xx,xxx range.

Another thing I have noticed is that these new blockchain projects don't care too much about the .com.

No renewals in cryptos

•••
Cryptocurrency is my new favourite hobby. I've made more in 6months in crypto then 5years in domaining $xxx,xxx in cryptocurrency.
Icon.Foundation I purchased @ $0.11 value now $515 - This is just one ICO investment. I own tokens in high xx,xxx range.

Another thing I have noticed is that these new blockchain projects don't care too much about the .com.

No renewals in cryptos
It's only worth something if you walk away with it, invest in something tangible with some of it, because if, or when it falls everything will be frozen.

•••
Anyone using Kraken without issue of dep, or wd headaches?

I've used Kraken without any issues but haven't tried to withdraw in some time. Since crpyto hit the MSM every platform is having some problem or another.

•••
I've used Kraken without any issues but haven't tried to withdraw in some time. Since crpyto hit the MSM every platform is having some problem or another.
Agreed, can't seem to get a good user experience from anyone, I heard today Charles Schwab has about 10M accounts, and Coinbase already has 13M accounts to put it into perspective, everyone is just slammed with verification, and figuring out deposits.

•••
Agreed, can't seem to get a good user experience from anyone, I heard today Charles Schwab has about 10M accounts, and Coinbase already has 13M accounts to put it into perspective, everyone is just slammed with verification, and figuring out deposits.

7 day's minimum wait from multiple forums is the word.

•••
Wanting a backup account for XRP so signed up with Kraken, getting alot of load errors on their website, I have submitted for verification, so will let thread know how it goes.

•••
It's only worth something if you walk away with it, invest in something tangible with some of it, because if, or when it falls everything will be frozen.
Nothing will be frozen as i very rarely day trade and store majority of my coins on my LedgerNanoS.

I don't store all my money into bitcoin. I invested into legitimate companies or credible blockchains
Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, Power Ledger, Icon.Foundation, Aion.Network, WanChain, PayPie.

It will be very ignorant if I didnt do my homework & due diligence on my hard earned money investments. I still enjoy domaining but my intestest is now 90% crypto 10% domaining.

I sold CryptoWay.com last month for $1800 (y)

•••
I've never used coinbase or kraken. I've debited cash into Bitstamp and then transferred over to MEW, Binance or Bittrex for trading.

I tend to look for good potential ICO and invest into those & then hold the tokens. I dont need to invest fiat anymore as ICOs have made me a very good return and I cash some of those out into ETH for new ICO investments.

Currently im not investing into any ICOs as I havent seen anything else I really like.

Everyone has different investment strategies & there are many ways to invest & make or loose money (y)

•••
Up until just recently when I transferred a few bitcoins to CoinBase, I have kept everything in a secure Euro blockchain since very early 2013 when I started accumulating and holding (hodling before they even invented that word) and have had no problems. I still keep almost all my coins in that Euro wallet.

I am not prepared to sell, I am still in collecting mode.

•••
XRP seems to be the big winner on the day again, lots of backers like the $1 entry price into it.

Given the circulation is 39B coins, and I believe the founders have approx 10B, and then approx 55B are in escrow with 1B to be released per month, which would equate to roughly $1.2B per month at the current price for Ripple.

Putting these numbers into a marketcap scenario, people that are calling for $10, maybe a bit blinded, as XRP would exceed the marketcap for BTC, and 2/3 of XRP's circulation is still to be released?

Last edited:
•••
Ripple will end up burning coins, most usually do.
Tease from XRP

Screenshot_20171227-211016.jpg

•••
Ripple will end up burning coins, most usually do.
Tease from XRP

Show attachment 76338
They have already stated their escrow release of 54 - 1B coin releases which would take 4.5 years, just trying to figure out the math how it stands now, and it’s not making a lot of sense from a market cap perspective. There is nothing to say it can’t match or exceed bitcoin if the right partners come into play, but 99.9B coins is a lot of inventory. Usually they burn after the ico release, I can’t see them burning down the mint after he fact.

•••
Anyone else looked Verify (CRED) ? Seems decent

•••
Just got an email from BrandBucket

They now accept Bitcoin as payment !

Wonder if they will also pay in Bitcoin when you sale domain ??

•••
never mind...

Last edited:
•••
Does this roller coaster ever stop?

•••
Hope not, just love riding these waves.
Officially a member of the #TrippleMyRipple club.

•••
That's funny. I'm in the #DoubleRipple.com club. :)

•••
Been in since 0.31. It’s taking a hit now though, 1.87 binance. Tron and Ada seem to be the movers today.

Expecting much bigger gains from Xrp in the coming weeks when it’s added to Coinbase. :cigar:

•••
Been in since 0.31. It’s taking a hit now though, 1.87 binance. Tron and Ada seem to be the movers today.

Expecting much bigger gains from Xrp in the coming weeks when it’s added to Coinbase. :cigar:
Yesterday I put 1BTC on Tron @ $0.03 246 satoshi with sell @ $0.06 499 satoshi (y)

•••
•••
•••
What do you think about PoS coins? - Proof of Stake?
I understand PoW - Proof of Work coins like Bitcoin Ethereum, but PoS looks like total pyramid scheme.
Who is doing transaction calculation if there is no mining?
Buy more coins and get more coins??
Who bought first will get more coins???
Total Pyramid and The winners are Devs????

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back