IT.COM

discuss 10x Your Money In Domains Or Crypto Currency?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
A lot of domain investors also invest in crypto currency it seems as of late. I usually feel pretty confident that a domain I carefully acquire today will be a 10x+ my investment including holding time. If say, I were to buy bitcoin today, is it feasible that i would get 10x my money?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
no, you said it indicates -- that's not a question

•••
•••
•••
@SirDrago what I'm talking about is that you sold way too soon.

For the third time I'm going to try to explain to you that I'm NOT out. Please read slowly and carefully my post on the first page...
I sold "my half" she held hers

That means we're STILL IN the game.
You are confusing me with someone else in this thread.
Have a great $%@#ing day!

•••
Richard Blair: you just googled that. I suppose if you had the guy’s master wallet ID you might be able to come up with something with research but no one does it that way. Everyone creates a unique special wallet / payment request which again begs the question of why you thought that upon receipt of a payment you’d suddenly know what was in the sender’s account as if this info appeared right next to each incoming transaction.

I’m done wasting time over discussing this with you. You’ve already revealed enough about what you know about bitcoin...or don’t know.

•••
SirDrago: I’m referring to what you sold.

•••
You know what, you are such a TROLL! You have taken it upon yourself to become the resident crypto expert of NP and good for you. Yet here you are bickering with others who believe in it too!

As you are not man enough (or rich enough right?) to take my bet, you have in turn showed that you are small fish. Like your domain names allude too. In spite of my good spirited banter and best wishes, you call my integrity into question and all that happens is that I end up owning you, publicly.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Richard Blair: you just googled that. I suppose if you had the guy’s master wallet ID you might be able to come up with something with research but no one does it that way. Everyone creates a unique special wallet / payment request which again begs the question of why you thought that upon receipt of a payment you’d suddenly know what was in the sender’s account as if this info appeared right next to each incoming transaction.

I’m done wasting time over discussing this with you. You’ve already revealed enough about what you know about bitcoin...or don’t know.
How about in the article you just posted?

"Coindesk reports that users are circulating a wallet from the company that contains 4,736.42 BTC"

You are over your head aren't you? Just tell us who your Twitter gurus are and wille fine.

•••
•••
Yeah makes sense. If they start dumping fast it’ll rock the market down unfortunately. Maybe it already has!

•••
Looks like IOTA is in for a fall:

A new alt-coin called IOTA announced a partnership with Microsoft last week, and it’s quickly become the fourth biggest cryptocurrency, according to CoinMarketCap. It now appears that the partnership with Microsoft announcement was just based on a Microsoft employee congratulatingIOTA for joining its Azure platform for development, rather than any sort of implied endorsement from the software giant.

•••
•••
Just to throw another word in for domains versus crypto....I just keep selling domains.

Just today, a domain I won on here on NP 11/31/2017 for $5 is on auction and is over $300 in just pre-bidding. Already at 60x my money.

•••
What do you guys think of a thread here to buy/sell bitcoin, the feedback system is already in place?

I am seeing more domainers wanting bitcoins instead of paypal, and I think it is a smart move.

Last edited:
•••
What do you guys think of a thread here to buy/sell bitcoin, the feedback system is already in place?

I am seeing more domainers wanting bitcoins instead of paypal, and I think it is a smart move.

This should be a question in a new thread.
With a poll.

•••
My prediction: it will keep going up until 12 december, then going down to about $12-14k, then get a bit of traction again on 18 and probably end the year at about $23-25k. However I predict a HUGE dump between 10-25 january, which I think will make BTC have a price of about $5k.

•••
Noted.

Ups and downs are inevitable but what’s clear is that the masses are just starting to get into bitcoin and the party’s just begun!

As well it’s obvious that the general public is ignoring the warnings of the Establishment to stay out of bitcoin. Greenspan’s exhortation against “irrational exuberance” and his repeated interest rate hikes back then couldn’t stop the rush of cash into internet stocks either.

These things must run their course. And for bitcoin there remain miles to go before it sleeps. Miles to go before it sleeps.

Last edited:
•••
Anyone knows why the big volume of tether although the price never moves.

It is the third or fourth coin according to volume

•••
For whatever reason - although I assume the reason is insufficient interest in anything but the top dog - bitcoin has been moving up today while its underlings have actually been going down.

Last edited:
•••
Anyway a 24 hour close of $17k will be very bullish for btc today.

Looking good Billy Ray!

enU0CMnl.jpg

•••
I bought Bitcoins with 200$ as a test at price of 9500$ few days ago
With very long way of verifications ( I had to send selfie with credit card)

Now if I want to sell at 15000$

I get only 215$ !!! Transaction fees!!
I do not know how people are making profits from holding !

Bitcoin is NOT currency it is property. So fully taxed buy Government as property now at last that is what they are trying to do. A bit sad, I hate when tax power goes to fund military.

At 2013 one guy I bought pot from told to invest in bitcoin as much as I can when it was below $100, but I was just a kid with no money lol
Almost every friend of mine was informed at that time about Bitcoin and I'm from very very small country only 1,3 mil. population. Hard to believe that only now it is starting to get popular!
Good Luck!

Last edited:
•••
It seems all the big players are bidding bitcoins , I think many big sharks are not only speculating and trading but try to buy and hold as much as they can

Other Cryptos games are hit and run speculation

•••
Seems to be in a consolidation mode. Hovering between 15K and 16K, until the next island hopping JUMP.

•••
It seems all the big players are bidding bitcoins , I think many big sharks are not only speculating and trading but try to buy and hold as much as they can

Explains a lot. Now I understand why transactions are not increased much.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back