Dynadot

discuss 10N and up .com discussion and showcase

NameSilo
Watch

decades80

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Hi all,

I personally think 12N is the highest limit if you have good sequence or palindromes. Palindromes are for the long ones the best and the reason is you memorize just a half of the domain name. I see many of good ones in 10N and 11N area are taken, mostly of October, BUT there are 12Ns which seem to be rather empty. So if anyone would like to take a risk, go ahead. I have bought yesterday this 11N : 88882828888.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have this 10 digit domain and maybe It will be worth a lot of money in 1 year ...

2828282828.com

•••
A few days ago, I bought a 14N. More of a why not. It's not too much $$.
There are eight 8s and six 6s. At least it's easy to remember (for me).

•••
A few days ago, I bought a 14N. More of a why not. It's not too much $$.
There are eight 8s and six 6s. At least it's easy to remember (for me).
I find it nice, its comparable to easy to remember lets say 3 words .com with matching phrase. Just 3 criteria : 2 for numbers (6,8) and 1 for doubles, since the number of repeats matches the actual number, you dont need additional. I tell you those numbers are so metaphoric. I believe there should be a whole new period in modern art called numeric domaining. Its just difficult to paint with the numbers and letters. Or anybody has the idea how to do it?To draw something in 1 line...

•••
I find it nice, its comparable to easy to remember lets say 3 words .com with matching phrase. Just 3 criteria : 2 for numbers (6,8) and 1 for doubles, since the number of repeats matches the actual number, you dont need additional. I tell you those numbers are so metaphoric. I believe there should be a whole new period in modern art called numeric domaining. Its just difficult to paint with the numbers and letters. Or anybody has the idea how to do it?To draw something in 1 line...
I'm glad someone else appreciated it. Hopefully it will be worth more than registration sometime. I may have to sit on it for a while.

•••
Doing some domaining for the soul, I picked up some names like 7654321234567 - long, but mathematically perfect, from x to 1 and back again, very memorable, can have tons of poetic meanings. I was surprised ones that I like were available.

•••
I accidently regged 218888218888 instead of 2188821888 so I put it on Godaddy as a buy now
~
See how it goes, it's got a full year and the way the market is changing ......well who knows

•••
If this kinda stuff doesn't prove we are collectors, nothing will. ;)

•••
Great thread, thanks for the open discussion. I'm a numeric person and was lucky enough to purchase some 5Ns years ago for normal fee, so I can testify that numeric has been a great bet.

My only concerns regarding large numbers are:
1- Domain Length: 4N,5N enjoy the logic of Short and Memorable. True that some large number have certain patterns that are easy to remember (Palindrome, Bookend, Sequences, ....etc), but it is no longer short, not easy to type, specially if you have to memorize/type several DNs.

2- Market Saturation: 12N (10^12= 1 Trillion combo), are a lot DNs and may needs a lot of renewal fees.

Only time will tell! :)

•••
A usual only the good easy to remember patterns will suffice in the long extension, years from now in demand?

•••
I accidently regged 218888218888 instead of 2188821888 so I put it on Godaddy as a buy now
~
See how it goes, it's got a full year and the way the market is changing ......well who knows

We'll see. I too grabbed a few ultra premium 12n coms. Who knows...

•••
I got 1766617888.com which means "Get lucky together, get rich together" in Chinese, lol!

•••
Discovered I have 88880808888/com

•••
I have pattern domain 88818881888.com

•••
•••
I have a 13N... 8888888888889.com Honestly I'm not sure why and do not remember registering it.

•••
another pattern 188818881.com

•••
I do prefer palindromes with only 2-3 numbers, much easier to remember for sure

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back