IT.COM

$100 - 1st Place, $50 - 2nd Place, $25 - 3rd Place - 3 Winners!!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Type of Contest : Logo/Header

3 Prizes
: First Place - $100
Second Place - $50
Third Place - $25

Contest End Date & Time
: Sunday Jan 15th 7pm Central Time

Size Requirements
: I don't know the terminology but I think Vector format is the format where I will be able to resize the picture but that is what I need. Something resizable. I just looked at the efty header logo requirements and this is what they need for their site.
JPEG, PNG or GIF
Max 1 MB
Max w/h 300px * 80px
These are not my exact needs but I would like to have it in a header of my own site one day soon as well. and I don't know what the exact requirements will be so that is why I need it resizable. Plus I would like to put it on business cards, etc.

Color Requirements
: I don't have a specific requirement of color until I see it. I might like anything and color isnt the main focus for me but I do like black and white and think that may be it.

General Requirements
: The words "Media Branding".

Additional Information
: I am going to re-brand myself. I like the 2 words a lot, so they need to be of course the main focus. If you have any ideas of your own I would absolutely love to see whatever you would like to create for me here. These are 2 great words that can have a lot of cool visions for either of them. That is the main thing. So creativity is key here. The site will be domain related. It will be a platform to sell some of my portfolio, maybe blog, maybe some title category stories, etc. If you are stuck on creating your own cool idea for these 2 words together then you can maybe try this for me. I have always been TheDotStop and have always had a stoplight as my logo. I do still like that stoplight. If you add a stoplight or the 3 lights, (red, yellow, green) somewhere I think I could like that too.

I will be checking in here pretty often so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Vito

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Oh, and here's the top left corner view (almost forgot)
1.jpg
2.jpg

•••
•••
•••
media-branding-final-logo.png

300x80 Version

Last edited:
•••
Ok after many many looks at all 3 logos I have now come up with the Winner!

I am so sorry it took so long but this was one of the most difficult things I have had to do since I have been domaining. I have tossed and turned about domain offers, sales, and purchases but this was harder. Everyone who entered is so damn talented. Thank you ALL for entering and submitting so many designs/logos/headers/revisions etc. With some people sending 10+ submissions each and a couple sending over 30 I don't think I have ever seen so many entries in a logo contest here. I have done this 2 times before here and this blows both of those contests away.

I really wish I could do what you all can do!​

FIRST PLACE = $100

MB3.png

Congrats @nardibraho - You Killed it!!!
This is the logo I will be using immediately!
Absolutely Friggen Beautiful! - Thank You!​

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd Place = $50

MB1.png

Congrats @Silentptnr
You don't know how many times I thought this was first. I really love this creation!
Thank You!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd Place = $25

MB2.png

Congrats @Jack007

Jack, Your star was so close and the checkmark was bad a$$!
I will probably end up using that logo one day. Thanks for everything Brother!​

All 3 winners Please send me your PP info and I will send you requirements of logo/header images needed. Hopefully if there are any tweaks needed you can help me out since I am clueless at this stuff...lol

Really to everyone who participated here in my contest, I am very grateful for all of your submissions.
You have been incredible to work with.

Thank you so much once again!
Vito

Last edited:
•••
•••
Ok everyone, I have it narrowed down to these 3 here.
My eyes are going crazy. I have been looking at this screen waay too long today.
I have no idea which one is going up on the site right away but these are definitely the final 3.
I will look at all 3 again when I am getting a fresh look in the morning and I will announce the order then.

The winners of this contest are the reverse order of the above quoted message. What ever the order @Silentptnr had a firm grip with the second spot. Lolz.

•••
For everyone that is spreading word my logo is a copy:
Post the link here if I have really copied, otherwise stop acting like children.

•••
@the dot stop Someone is sending you PM's, or what? During a contest it is forbidden to PM the contest holder, it is a rule violation. Copied designs or other comments regarding the contest should be posted here, on thread, not private.
Copied concepts, also, should be reported to the admins.
If someone tries to denigrate a designer without proof, the situation should be told to the admins.

•••
@the dot stop Someone is sending you PM's, or what? During a contest it is forbidden to PM the contest holder, it is a rule violation. Copied designs or other comments regarding the contest should be posted here, on thread, not private.
Copied concepts, also, should be reported to the admins.
If someone tries to denigrate a designer without proof, the situation should be told to the admins.

I just got a couple pms here about winning logo looking familiar after I just posted winner. I think people are thinking of the MC logo which is not the same at all. Everything is all good, If I thought there were problems that I couldn't fix in the contest myself, I would surely ask the Mods here for their help.

Thank you.

•••
I just got a couple pms here about winning logo looking familiar after I just posted winner. I think people are thinking of the MC logo which is not the same at all. Everything is all good, If I thought there were problems that I couldn't fix in the contest myself, I would surely ask the Mods here for their help.

Thank you.

To clarify this kind of situations once and for all, please make public the names of those users. Because other CH might belive the ones who try to denigrate other designers. It also happened to me once, some user has tried to denigrate me in PMs. So I'm suspecting there is someone who does this in every contest.

•••
One former participant and one of the 3 winners just today said they thought the design looked familiar. Thats it. Both comments today said they thought they saw it somewhere else. Maybe they saw it in a movie, cartoon, etc. So I searched and searched everywhere to try and find the same logo anywhere and the closest thing I could find was the MC logo which isn't the same at all. Theirs is 2 circles meshed together with a few lines in middle and coloring is orange and red. Completely different. So, I asked winner if his design was 100% original, and that's when he posted what he did. I believe him 200% and have paid him already and he has sent files. Nobody said for sure he did anything wrong, they just said they think they seen that logo before. No proof at all, and my searching and speaking to this reputable artist and my believing him is all that matters. Its a done deal. Clean contest and 100% original final 3 designs. I am happy with the results here and I have been able to meet a bunch of killer artists. Is all good.

•••
Winner and I are all settled up!

Still waiting for the logos from @Silentptnr - then I will pay him

Still waiting for the PP email address from @Jack007 - I have his logos already, just need to pay him.

•••
I dont anyone is getting on your back the dot stop, its just im sure you can understand it when things get posted like this it makes the other designers feel cheated. I was showing my wife this thread and the design submissions chosen and as she put it there were plenty of "better" designs submitted to this contest than 2 of your top three, but as i told her everyone likes different things and as designers we should be able to adapt, adjust and cater for those needs.

Your top three is your top three dont let anyone tell you it should be different, or listen to people who are just bummed they lost, but from a designers perspective, it hurts when we get cheated by copied designs, but sometimes even if the logos are very similar it is just coincidence, i have had it happen to me.

Thanks again for the great contest.

•••
The contest is over, sincere congrats to the winners! The designs are nice and clean. I admit that I overreacted because logos like the ones below got a better feedback than I did. At that point I felt the the CH holder is making fun of me or something like thatO_o (I'm sure he didn't, but that is how I felt.)
For those suggesting that I was upset that I didn't get a "trophy", I want to say that I only join contests out of pleasure, I think that I joined like 4-5 contests in the last 5 months. So I am not desperate to win or something like that.
For mayazir: I don't know what your problem is. Since I last read the rules, it is not forbidden for two friends to have accounts on this forum :xf.laugh: Btw, who are you? Because me and my friend are showing here our true identity, I am not hiding behind nicknames and avatars..so I really don't know what you are trying to suggest!
media.jpg

•••
Ya know,

Many can argue that there were better designs created then the 3 designs I chose. But for my tastes those 3 were my absolute favorites. I will tell you why in a minute.

Now getting to the running of a fair contest, that was #1 on my mind the whole entire time. I was deflated as soon as I found out that the first design I fell in love with, was stolen. I was deflated when I found out another was stolen. After that I searched for every one that I liked a lot to make sure it was not stolen because all of our reputations are on the line.

That brings me to reputation. Having a great reputation in any industry is an awesome thing to have. It takes a long time to get a good reputation and I fortunately have one. I have worked hard at it for years here. It has paid off because I will have people I don't even know send me up to 5k without any type of escrow or anything official. That is huge to me.

Back to why those 3 are my favorites. Somehow they all are a bit personal to me. Of course the words or letters MB or Media Branding have to be first and foremost since my site is MediaBranding.com but personally I have had a stoplight or at least the 3 circles as my brand for at least 8 years now. That is hard to lose as I will be changing from "The Dot Stop" to "Media Branding" It adds a sense of familiarity to others who I have had dealings with. Now the checkmark logo was bad ass and I really like that personally as well because my first name is Vito and that long checkmark looks like a V for my name. I dont think anyone knew that it just hit home when I saw that one. The only thing with using that first is, I lose the familiarity of stoplight circles when dealing with people. After I get enough traction with my new brand maybe I will change it to that. Who knows? Maybe I will sell everything I own at NamesCon this weekend! LOL

But I understand, respect and demand the integrity of the domaining and the logo creation/artist community.
We are one, and the same.

There were some incredible designs and I really did want new and creative designs and that's what I got here. I appreciate each and every submission.

Thanks again all,
Vito

Last edited:
•••
@the dot stop @all designers

Really a wonderful contest. great designs. Very much appreciated. Great CH :)

I guess this is the first time in the history of namepros design contest, having so many designs by so many designers and each of them were reviewed by the CH and gave feedback. I should really appreciate all the designers, CH, winners and especially the namepros to lay a platform to take place this wonderful contest.

•••
Ok all images/files received and all winners have been paid.

Thanks again everyone!

•••
That brings me to reputation. Having a great reputation in any industry is an awesome thing to have. It takes a long time to get a good reputation and I fortunately have one. I have worked hard at it for years here. It has paid off because I will have people I don't even know send me up to 5k without any type of escrow or anything official. That is huge to me.

Vito, the fact that you took the time and effort to engage the community, post-contest, when you didn't have to, speaks well of your character.

•••
Thanks again for putting on a great, organized, engaging event. If this is how you run your business, I'm sure you do or will do very well.

•••
What a great contest! And congrats to the winners! :)

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back