IT.COM

$100,000 Income: No Big Deal Anymore?

NameSilo
Watch

Anjani

Established Member
Impact
Wonder what percentage of domainers make over 100k?
See many domainers with 5000+ domains portfolio - Guess renewal fees to be $40000/Year...Surely they must be making a killing to be able to maintain the portfolio.
Your Thoughts!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, but when adding a domain on Afternic, you can also add your minimum price to release your domain the buyer will not know about this price, just Afternic's sales team. Or you will receive an email form Sales team when you and your buyer could not agree about the price. They will ask you which price you can sell your name, then try to contact the buyer.

So are you saying Premium Network is or is not fixed prices? I don't understand how a domain can be on Afternic's Premium Network, at fixed prices, but then Afternic can just go ahead and ignore that the domain is in their Premium Network and open up a negotiation. I think that would pretty much piss off every other member of their network. If they are doing that.

Last edited:
•••
So are you saying Premium Network is or is not fixed prices? I don't understand how a domain can be on Afternic's Premium Network, at fixed prices, but then Afternic can just go ahead and ignore that the domain is in their Premium Network
A domain will be listed as Premium Network ( Sedo is the same as Afternic) must reach those requirements :
1> Have its fixed BIN price.
2> Its registrar is in Afternic or Sedo's premium Network.
3> The domain has more than 60 days before expired.
If your domain does not meet those requirement, it still be listed on Afternic Standard Network which some registrar such as: DynaDot, GoDaddy, eNom, NameCheap, NameSilo .etc.

•••
@GeorgeQuang - I'm confused. Are you selling on Sedo & Afternic Premium Networks at fixed prices (and fast transfer) or are you selling on Sedo & Afternic Standard Networks at negotiable prices? And if both. Which do you prefer? And why?

Last edited:
•••
@GeorgeQuang - I'm confused. Are you selling on Sedo & Afternic Premium Networks at fixed prices or selling on Sedo & Afternic Standard Networks at negotiable prices? And if both. Which do you prefer? And why?
Here is my tip : List all your name on Sedo and Afternic as soon as you can with high BIN price (not too high if you don't want your potential buyer run away).
If you are luck, buyers will click " Buy Now" and you get your money.
If not, your domains will be displayed on their search results once they searching on Registrar platform to buy/reg their wishing domain. And they know that your name is ready for sales. But your price is too high, they will try to contact you via Whois or type the domain in their browser and access it. Now, this's time for Efty Landing Page. Keep your Efty Landing Page as " Make offer" mode.
They will try to fill in Make Offer form, then you reply with your own price ( of course lower than BIN price on Sedo or Afternic). So your buyer will think that they can negotiate to get the name with lower price. Selling a name or not in this step depends on your negotiation skills. That's it.
Of course i just start using Efty Landing Page this year (before using Efty, i used my company 's landing page with Make offer mode), and just list my portfolios on Sedo/Afternic for 7 months, but i got nearly 60 passive offers total in 9 months. My portfolio was just 80 names in the early of 2017 and 750 names now, in which i guest 100 are junks and i will let them expired.
If you or other fellows have more tips to get more passive offers, please share. We can try and fix :xf.grin:.

•••
My portfolio was just 80 names in the early of 2017 and 750 names now, in which i guest 100 are junks and i will let them expired.
If you or other fellows have more tips to get more passive offers, please share. We can try and fix :xf.grin:.[/QUOTE]

I would be impressed if you built a portfolio of 750 names with the profits from 80 domains. Have You?

Last edited:
•••
I would be impressed if you built a portfolio of 750 names with the profits from 80 domains else it's pissing in the wind:xf.cool:
I'm not superman that can build a portfolio from 80 names to 750 with profit. I'm loosing my money to build my portfolio, as i mentioned. I just stop if i think my portfolio is big enough or i got bankrupt ( nearly hehe :ROFL:)

•••
Here is my tip : List all your name on Sedo and Afternic as soon as you can with high BIN price (not too high if you don't want your potential buyer run away).
If you are luck, buyers will click " Buy Now" and you get your money.
If not, your domains will be displayed on their search results once they searching on Registrar platform to buy/reg their wishing domain. And they know that your name is ready for sales. But your price is too high, they will try to contact you via Whois or type the domain in their browser and access it. Now, this's time for Efty Landing Page. Keep your Efty Landing Page as " Make offer" mode.
They will try to fill in Make Offer form, then you reply with your own price ( of course lower than BIN price on Sedo or Afternic). So your buyer will think that they can negotiate to get the name with lower price. Selling a name or not in this step depends on your negotiation skills. That's it.
Of course i just start using Efty Landing Page this year (before using Efty, i used my company 's landing page with Make offer mode), and just list my portfolios on Sedo/Afternic for 7 months, but i got nearly 60 passive offers total in 9 months. My portfolio was just 80 names in the early of 2017 and 750 names now, in which i guest 100 are junks and i will let them expired.
If you or other fellows have more tips to get more passive offers, please share. We can try and fix :xf.grin:.

Nowhere in that tip did you mention joining either Sedo's or Afternic's Premium or Standard Networks. Now I'm even more confused? Are you using any of these Networks? Or not? And what motivates you to either join or not join any of these networks?

Last edited:
•••
Nowhere in that tip did you mention joining either Sedo's or Afternic's Premium or Standard Networks. Now I'm even more confused? Are you using any of these Networks? Or not? And what motivates you to either join or not join any of these networks?
For me, due to most of my names are registered by GoDaddy, so that i pick Afternic Premium Listing and Sedo for Normal Listing ( because GoDaddy is not in Sedo's Premium Network).

•••
@stub
In afternic dashboard they also ask you an absolute minimum price you are comfortable with, so that they can negotiate on your behalf even on Buy Now domains if a seller contacts them asking for discount.

•••
In India, the government is wasting $100,000 annually or more of tax payer money to reduce the income of some domain investors to zero, to help google destroy competition, acquire talent, technology cheaply
@dnk : Would you elaborate please.

•••
For me, due to most of my names are registered by GoDaddy, so that i pick Afternic Premium Listing and Sedo for Normal Listing ( because GoDaddy is not in Sedo's Premium Network).

That makes sense. But it feels like pulling teeth to get the whole story out of you.

•••
@stub
In afternic dashboard they also ask you an absolute minimum price you are comfortable with, so that they can negotiate on your behalf even on Buy Now domains if a seller contacts them asking for discount.

Yep. I don't really like that minimum price for that reason. Most times when that was used I only ever got the minimum price.

Last edited:
•••

It probably makes sense to only have fast transfer on Afternic Premium and regular transfer in Sedo normal listing. Do you have the same domains listed on both Afternic Premium and Sedo Normal Listings? Or is it an either or situation. GoDaddy registered domains on Afternic, and everything else on Sedo?

•••
It probably makes sense to only have fast transfer on Afternic Premium and regular transfer in Sedo normal listing. Do you have the same domains listed on both Afternic Premium and Sedo Normal Listings? Or is it an either or situation. GoDaddy registered domains on Afternic, and everything else on Sedo?
List all you have on both platforms. That's it.

•••
•••
@dnk : Would you elaborate please.
At least one female domain investor is being subjected to identity theft by ntro, raw, cbi,in 2018, the indian government is falsely claiming that 10 google, tata sponsored goan sex worker, cheater housewife and other fraud R&AW/cbi employees who do not spend any money online, have not answered JEE to have the resume, investment of the domain investor, an experienced single woman engineer, to get a monthly indian government salary at the expense of the domain investor.
As 10 10 google, tata sponsored goan sex worker, cheater housewife and other fraud R&AW/cbi employees are getting a government salary without doing any work, without investing any money, these women and their associates working in indian government agencies are doing everything possible to ensure that their banking, financial, online fraud is not exposed
So at least 30-40 indian government employees are deployed to monitor all the activities of the harmless domain investor, steal leads, orders, block payment, reduce her income to zero to the extent possible using the most sophisticated equipment available for more than 8 years. Though no evidence has been found since 2010, she continues to be closely monitored so that the sex, bribery racket, financial, banking fraud is not exposed and income reduced to the extent possible, the identity theft fraud continues.

•••
•••
•••
Some registrars are common between sedo and afternic network
and is it not against their TOS to list bin at two marketplaces simultaneously?

•••
Some registrars are common between sedo and afternic network and is it not against their TOS to list bin at two marketplaces simultaneously?

Probably not. But it's unwise in the event you get two buy now purchases on the same day.. You are going to upset one of the two brokering companies.

•••
Probably not. But it's unwise in the event you get two buy now purchases on the same day.. You are going to upset one of the two brokering companies.

That might not be possible. They have immediate access to freeze the name. That is why it is called fast transfer.

It might not propagate right away but they don't see it as big enough problem. When I bought a bin name at GD it moved into my account immediately. But on gd and afternic it still showed as available at bin for next 24 hours or so, even though I contacted them.

I don't know what would have happened if someone clicked on bin dieing the time.

But the chance of that happening is under 0.003% for a name. With their scale though it probably happens now and then and they just refund the money I assume.

•••
That might not be possible. They have immediate access to freeze the name. That is why it is called fast transfer.

There are two separate fast transfer systems. What if the 2 buy now prices purchases are on separate networks. Are they both communicating with each other? I think you'd need to take the sold domain down on the other system manually. I know this is a rarity. But it could happen. You'd need to make it part of your activities to remove it from the other network, asap.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back