Dynadot

1,700 domains sold in '07; hopefully fewer in '08!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Yes, I sold exactly 1,700 domains in the year that just ended.

But no, I haven't bought the Lamborghini yet. :) Most of those were low-$xx sales.

I hope I sell fewer this year ... because I want to focus more on development & end user sales, and less on quick flips (though they are hard to resist!).

Is anyone else turning over so many domains, or am I the only crazy one?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
IMO one should disregard ROI and look at the margin profits. I was just like radamo flipping names back in 2006/early2007ish at marginal prices, but a good return % wise. Its a step game really, congrats on the 1400 sales, i think your going to start consolidating and buying more premium names to sell at higher margins ;) .

Things took a big turn when I sold one name and flipped it within a week to make more money then I have made the previous year combined with mini sales.

•••
Sam said:
Things took a big turn when I sold one name and flipped it within a week to make more money then I have made the previous year combined with mini sales.

I think Sam hit the nail on the head. However, 1700 names is still HUGE, especially if they weren't generally in bulk deals.

Peter

•••
athletec64 said:
Jesus, that must take SO much time to make threads, answer pm's, push names, and managing all that stuff. GOod job. I sold like 10 probably haha
It's not quite as much time as you think, since about 600 of those domains were sold in 6 bulk sales. But yes, it does take time!

•••
GREAT job man! I didn't sale near that many, but I didn't do too bad either. Nice going, I hope the new development plan does as well for you this year.

•••
Well, looks like I won't quite get to 1,000 ... I've sold 955 so far this year, and June 30 is almost over.

I'll let you know how the second half of the year goes!

(I have a tentative mid-$xxxx sale on a nice 1-word .com ... got to work on getting more of those, instead of so many quick $xx flips!) ;)

-Dave

randomo said:
So ... I am failing in my goal of selling fewer domains this year.

In fact, almost halfway through the year, I have sold 945. I would love to get up to 1,000 before the end of June. And you can help! :)

Please see my June MEGA-SALE; hundreds of domains are listed at low reseller prices, and reasonable offers are welcome. Or let me know if you are interested in all-premium LLLL.net's - I can sell them to you in bulk, for not much more than reg fee.

Cheers,
Dave

•••
Set your new goal! Sell at least 1 domain to each NPer and DNFer before 2010!:)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back