IT.COM

1&1 ionos is the Worst registrar ever! and this is Why..

NameSilo
Watch

coolhands

Top Member
Impact
I made the worst decision of my life by using ionos
I have bought a dot com from them 3 days ago, and the domain is still not secured by them , its still available to handreg,

and in My account => Invoices and payment details
there is no proof that I have bought a domain from them or a pending order.

and I have tried to remove my credit card details from my profile but that is not possible, they say I should contact them to get it removed,(they stored my credit card in their server Without my consent) and worst thing is they even don't answer to e-mails.

this is the worst registrar in the world, IONOS = Fraud.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I already said in another thread that all NEW customers must pass through 1and1 antifraud checks.
And only then their orders will be processed or rejected completely (if suspicious customer).

Email to solutions AT ionos.com from your account email address.
And mention your CustomerID.

p.s. Instant regs only for EXISTENT customers like me (with decade of 1and1 usage and over mid x,xxx domain orders).

Last edited:
•••
And don't use any cards, use Verified PayPal.

Last edited:
•••
Regarding Invoices section...
Invoices are issued per whole contract/package (usually monthly per all added domains for the past 30 days).
And then total Invoice sum will be charged within 48h.

No domains were regged in your case = so no invoice.

•••
And if you need just 1 .com - you can reg it for $2.17 at Directnic.

•••
Why don't you try to register them using another registrar? If Ionos cannot complete your transaction, they will need to refund you.

Besides, usually when you can't delete the credit card, you can at least edit it, and replace with an incorrect CVC number

•••
They didn't even charge him, they just authorized his card.
Actual charge only after Invoice.

Just change your payment method to Verified PayPal - and card will be removed automatically.

Last edited:
•••
And don't try to fake your card details...
Another/fake card will be not added if it can't be authorized.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back