IT.COM

Selling Expired Domain Drop Catching Software

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anytime a domain name is not renewed it becomes expired. Everyday thousands of expired domains "drop" and become available for new registration. Domain investors, small/large businesses, SEO experts, affiliate marketers and dozens of others around the world browse through these expired domains in the days before they "drop" and then try to acquire them for a variety of reasons including investment, development and quick flip purposes. DesktopCatcher is an easy-to-use Windows application that will help you find, analyze and attempt to instantly register your desired domains automatically!

Who Can Use This Software?
Business Owners - Does a company like Remax own just one real estate domain? Do you think HostGator registered only one hosting related domain? No! These companies likely have hundreds (if not thousands) of domains related to their industry and they get used for all sorts of things. Since most domains (even 3 and 4 word names) are now taken in major extensions it's made businesses turn more towards expired domains.
SEO Experts - We all know links play a large role in terms of search engine optimization. Blog networks are what most in the SEO field use to build good quality incoming links these days and most blog networks are created with expired domains. Since people can scan, analyze and then register names that were previously developed it offers the added benefit of these domains already having some "authority" from the past owner.
Domain Investors - Domainers buy and sell domain names on a regular basis and often have large domain portfolios. They're constantly browsing through expired domains to find names they can either buy and hold for future sale (invest) or sell quickly for a small profit (quick flip).
Anyone Else - If you aren't already using expired domains to your advantage then you're surely missing out! If you see any need for registering domains on a regular basis then this software can help! Browse through domains that will be dropping in the coming days and analyze them to find the ones you want. Then, use DesktopCatcher to snatch them the second they drop!

How Does it Work
Although setting up the software is fairly simple, it may take more than just a few minutes the first time. All purchases include a copy of our eBook which explains how to set things up from start to finish! First, install the software and setup accounts at your desired domain registrars. Funds will then need to be per-deposited at the registrar(s) in order to cover registration fees. DesktopCatcher currently supports ten different registrars for you to choose from! Each registrar can send between 1 and 2 requests per second. The more registrars you setup, the more requests you'll be able to send each second and increase your odds of success! This software doesn't only drop catch expired domains, though. There is at least a half dozen other unique tools built to help you analyze domains for SEO metrics, availability and more!

Common Questions
Which domain registrars are supported? - DynaDot, NameSilo, OnlineNIC, RRPproxy, NameBay, MijnDomeinReseller, AJM.Domains, Internet.bs, Gandi and eNom.
What type of domains can it catch? - DesktopCatcher can catch all types of domains in a variety of extensions. However, we don't recommend using it if you chase highly competitive domains such as one word .COM, four letter .COM and 5 number .COM domains.
What extensions are supported? - Each registrar supports different extensions. Almost all support common gTLDs like COM/NET/ORG/BIZ, and many also support ccTLDs.

Screenshots
Below is a screenshot of the main form. To see more screenshots visit the Screenshots page.
MBDMIDG.jpg

Important Links
Our How It Works page.
Our Customer Reviews page.
Our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Our Blog.
Our Affiliate Program.

Download
Get your copy of DesktopCatcher today and start chasing expired domain names tomorrow! There are two options available for download which you can read more about on the DesktopCatcher Download page.

Discount
Forum members are part of what has helped make us become the most popular publicly available domain drop catching software on the market today. To show our appreciation we're offering forum members a 10% discount just by using the promotional code DOMAINFORUM during checkout!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Looks interesting.

I am assuming the registrars are aware of your drop catching software using their apis.

How many registration attempts per second does each registrar allow through your software?

What domains have you caught using your software?

Thanks

•••
Looks interesting.

I am assuming the registrars are aware of your drop catching software using their apis.

How many registration attempts per second does each registrar allow through your software?

Thanks

Hey mementum, sorry for my delay. Here are the answers to your questions:

A: Registrars put their API's out there so they can be used. I've spoken with each registrar to verify how quickly they allow domain checks to come in. Limits are put into the software so that it doesn't abuse the registrars limits.

A: This varies on the registrar. The limits are posted in the software as well as on the website. Currently each registrar runs on its own thread. During peak times the range can vary between 1-3 seconds depending on which registrar you are using (I personally notice that NameSilo runs the fastest..constant 1 second delays whereas DynaDot and ResellerClub may have 1 second delays some of the time - but also 2 or 3 second delays some of the time)..The delay comes down to how long it takes to get the response from the registrar. That can then come down to how busy the registrar is, your internet connection, or even (in dynadots case) how much you've spent with them in the past. In the future I plan on implementing multiple threads for some registrars (such as namesilo) where you could potentially be sending 2 requests per 1 second.

A: I personally try to chase end-user type names myself. Although I'm not going to go and post every name I drop catch I will post a couple in this thread here and there. Today I was chasing three names and caught one of them (GoNetSystems,com)..another was caught by the infamous andrew reberry and the third was caught by an Australian man. Mind you I was only running NameSilo and ResellerClub - If I was running all four that I have in my software I may have caught another one.

I'm still making more updates and small bug fixes in the software and will have version 1.1 released after the weekend. The new version will use checkboxes instead of radio buttons allowing you to run multiple registrars from just one copy instead of needing to open multiple copies to chase from multiple registrars.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••
is there any evidence that this software works well and fast
I am still unsure of your software. please answer my doubt

•••
I've just purchased the soft.
Let's see if it worths.

•••
How many attempts per second does this software make?

•••
Thank you for everyone's interest! @Primerlloc - Thank you for your purchase you should have already received your registration key.

Sorry for not responding to this thread sooner, I didn't notice the replies in my CP. Let me try to answer everyone's questions and give you all some of the latest updates.
@carmadilday - Some other members on the board have purchased it aside from Primerlloc. You should see some reviews here soon and maybe Primerlloc can leave a review once he/she gets a chance to try it out. I can sit here and confirm the software works and it works pretty fast - but you would probably believe it more once you hear it from some of the other members :)
@DomainIdiot - The speed depends on which registrar(s) you are using. It varies from one registrar to the next but is an average of 1-2 per second. The limits are all layout for you under each registrar in the Features part of the website.

Updates
Current release is version 1.7 and the next release should have some pretty major updates. Moniker integration is almost complete. If someone out there has a moniker account with API access this could get done a little quicker (please contact me). We are also in the process of getting GoDaddy/WildWestDomains integrated. These new features should be completed in the next couple of weeks.

•••

Last edited:
•••
Hi,
How is this different from, expireddomains.net and similar other software? Do they not catch/display dropped names at the same time as this would/does?
Thanks.

•••
Hi,
How is this different from, expireddomains.net and similar other software? Do they not catch/display dropped names at the same time as this would/does?
Thanks.

Hey jimmyray. This software is quite a bit different from expireddomains..That website simply lists domains that are deleting while this software will actually catch and register those names for you when they drop and become available again. The times would be the same but to my knowledge expireddomains does not actually catch the domain names for you - they just give you the names.

Free eNom reseller accounts are also available for buyers. If you want to drop catch with this registrar but do not wanna pay the fees to get your reseller account setup with them we can get you one setup for free (You would still need to pre-deposit funds for domain registrations).. Just shoot me a PM once you purchase the software and I can get your reseller account setup!

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••
I've been using DesktopCatcher for a couple of weeks. I did not want to review it If I was not sure that it works.
I've set up accounts for Namesilo and Dynadot. The soft works fine and it's reliable.
Of course, do not expect to catch LLL.com or premium LLLL.com, nor beat the big boys, but it's quite good. At least, it safes you the work of trying to reg by hand. I've catched some domains with a 10% of succes rate aprox.
It could be great to use it with Moniker. Hope some day I'll have the 1000 domains with them or spent $5000 to get acces to their API.
I recommend it. It works, safe you time and the support by mail is excellent.

•••
So basiclly, to use this software I'll need reseller accounts at the registrars this software supports?

•••
I just bought this. Will post a review in a few days.

•••

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••
New update is just about finished! Should be rolled out by the end of this week

•••

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back