Dynadot

Does GoDaddy Backorder show in Auction?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Anyone know if there's an advantage to GoDaddy Backorder over just bidding in the GoDaddy expired domains auction?

As I understand GoDaddy's handling of expiring domains:

- Auction starts 25 days after expiration
- Auction closes 35 days after expiration
- Backorder possible until close of auction
- If no bids in auction: 5 day closeout sale
- Domain deleted 42 days after expiration

I reckon the auction takes place either way.

I wonder whether a backorder shows up as a bid on the auction platform. If it doesn't, I'd say there's an advantage to the backorder in that it doesn't attract other people's attention to the auction.

Any insight into whether there's a difference between a backorder and a bid in the auction would be appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If there are any bid in auction, you will not have domain although you backoder.
Backoder only use in case : 5 days pending delete.
So if no one bid in Godaddy aution, then Buy Now Godaddy close out, then 5 days before delete<-----You backoder in this time.
Hope you understand me, sorry about my English !

•••
So there is almost no purpose to doing backorder when you can likely snap it up at the auction for a lot cheaper.

•••
A backorder on GoDaddy name converts to a $10 bid if pre Auction and they are registrar.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back