IT.COM

GoDaddy Domain Auction

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Okay, before I shell out some money that godaddy wants in advance before I list domains for sale, need to know:

Is it worth it to put domains on the godaddy domain auction?

Better to go reserve or not reserve?

And either I can not find or I am blind, what does godaddy take out of a domain sold at auction?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I did not have to pay to list domains there.

•••
you only pay to sign up for the auction function on godaddy, it is about 3bucks or less

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

you only pay to sign up for the auction function on godaddy, it is about 3bucks or less.

If you want to add information to your url that you are auctioning, then you will have to pay a little more per domain..think its about 3buck or less too

hope that help brother.

•••
GO Daddy Auctions has a $4.99 yearly membership fee

They take 10%commission on any successful transaction. Any auction that closes at $1000 or higher is done through Escrow.com

If you want to set a reserve there is a $4.99 fee, you can start a 7 day auction at any price you like.

•••
ok, I forgot about the 4.99 membership fee. I have it to buy domains.

•••
Okay, no one is answering my question.

I really could care less what the cost is to list, etc.

But....IS IT WORTH IT?
RESERVE OR NO RESERVE!

•••
Is it worth it. $5 to you? :)

I would think it's to me.... But if. Is all relative. Prices are relative.

•••
Well, I guess I am never to get a simple question answered here.

You all fixated on cost.....

So I will go elsewhere and stay away from ever asking questions on namepros....

•••
Okay, no one is answering my question.

I really could care less what the cost is to list, etc.

But....IS IT WORTH IT?
RESERVE OR NO RESERVE!

Yes & yes if you intend to keep the name. If you were going to let it drop anyway, you might let it go with no reserve.

Also, as all of their drops go through their auctions before the other drop houses as far as I know, and since they are the largest registrar, I think it's well worth the money just to be able to bid on / pick up drops from them.

A single $5 sale of a domain you had planned to drop makes it worth it. Of course it depends on how many domains you have at godaddy also. Keep in mind that if you list a domain with their premium listings, it automatically gets put into the auctions as a buy now ( I don't know if that is the case without a tdnam membership however).

If you have a large number of names there, you actually may want to consider paying the fee for the domain discount club. It includes the tdnam membership in the price, and can save more than enough to cover the cost each year for renewals, again provided you have enough domains with them, without having to go digging for codes on the forums.

My 2 cents.

Last edited:
•••
Actually have less than 10 names with godaddy.
Just domains I picked up here and there and the registrar was godaddy.
So it is, if I can get rid of them, good.

Will just put on with no reserve and see what happens.

Thanks for a lucid answer!!!

•••
My opinion - the membership is worth it. (plus there's a discount code for it somewhere in the GD codes thread). If you buy/sell domains regularly, you'll probably always have domains in your GD account.

I have not had much luck with traditional auctions there, but have indeed sold domains that I had buy-now prices for.

•••
hope this helps

hello, I guess you are looking for the perfect answer to your question.

We are all getting different results through different methods of promotions and the domain names we have.

Only you will know if it was worth it after some trail, error and experimentation but you would have learnt so much from simply doing instead of reading. if money and time is not an issue then GO FOR IT!!!

best of luck

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back