Dynadot

various Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This thread is a central location to report domain name sales of any dollar amount.

As much information as you can include about the transaction is welcome, but at a bare minimum please include the domain name(s), the sale price, and whether you were the seller.

Good luck with your sales!

Please use the Like and Thank links on a post to indicate that you like it or are thankful for it being shared.

Do not post only, "great sale" or similar as this doesn't contribute to the thread. (Don't reply for the sole purpose of complimenting.)
  • Tip: Use the Like/Thanks feature instead.

Questions are allowed, but do not post commentary. If you want to discuss or comment on a sale in this thread, quote it and then post it in the following thread instead:

Suggested template (bold details are required):

Domain name:

Sale venue:​
Listing type:​
Listing upgrades:​
Seller:​
Asking price:​
Sale price:​
Purchase venue:​
Purchase price:​
Details:​

Suggested values / explanations:
  • Sale venue: Sold at NamePros, outbound direct, inbound direct, etc.
  • Listing type: Make Offer, Fixed price, Auction, Auction with Buy-It-Now, Reverse auction, etc.
  • Listing upgrades: Premium package, featured listing, etc.
  • Seller: me, a friend, a friend of a friend, a colleague, someone else, unknown, etc.
  • Purchase venue: Where (and the year) the seller purchased the domain name originally.
  • Details: Any additional details about the domain name like how you bought it, how long you had it before it sold, its age, etc.

Examples:

Domain name: ThisDomain.com​
Sale venue: NamePros (2016)​
Listing type: Make offer with Buy-It-Now​
Listing upgrades: Featured listing​
Seller: Me​
Asking price: $950​
Sale price: $830​
Purchase venue: NamePros (2015)​
Purchase price: $25​
Details: Acquired from a reseller. 5 years old domain. Had for 1 year before resold.​

Domain name: ThatDomain.com​
Sale venue: GoDaddy Auctions (2012)​
Listing type: 7-day Public Auction​
Listing upgrades: N/A​
Seller: Someone else​
Asking price: N/A​
Sale price: $60​
Purchase venue: Hand registration (2009)​
Purchase price: $8​
Details: I watched its auction. The auction description said it was hand-registered the same day it dropped (from expiration).​

Important:
  • If you don't want to provide any other information about the sale besides what you've posted, then include "no further details" or "NFD" in your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
This one "BreezyHillFarm.com" had 6 drops in the past and that's why it makes his job even more amazing.

yes. that one too was dropped on 2012-07-24. and this one using Pool as backorder system. so, Federer was the only one bidding on it since otherwise the auction takes 3 days to complete.

regards,
tonecas

•••
"yes. that one too was dropped on 2012-07-24. and this one using Pool as backorder system"

Correct

"so, Federer was the only one bidding on it since otherwise the auction takes 3 days to complete."

Correct - it was a straight backorder.

Actually, I am the only bidder on most of the names I target. A % of the names I go after are keywords across several languages, not just English.

•••
"yes. that one too was dropped on 2012-07-24. and this one using Pool as backorder system"

Correct

"so, Federer was the only one bidding on it since otherwise the auction takes 3 days to complete."

Correct - it was a straight backorder.

Actually, I am the only bidder on most of the names I target. A % of the names I go after are keywords across several languages, not just English.

an humble suggestion then Federer. if you are the only bidder on most names you should be manually reg'in them. why pay at least $60 for each?

regards,
tonecas

•••
Backordering guarantees an auction/winning bid.

Trying to hand register during the drop would put we up against other potentially interested investors that do not backorder the majority of names they target. My time is also more valuable than trying to sit around for an hour trying to win the name lottery.

•••

Trying to hand register during the drop would put we up against other potentially interested investors that do not backorder the majority of names they target. My time is also more valuable than trying to sit around for an hour trying to win the name lottery.

there are scripts and registrar APIs for that you know? you are also securing a loss of $60 on each 4 names for each one you sell, or worse depending on how many domains you target, register and do not sell.

regards,
tonecas

•••
I understand.
But when there are 5 or 10 of us with APIs trying to grab the same name, a single backorder is enough to claim the domain.
Also, the $60-$70 backorder names are usually of higher quality and are easy to flip for a quick 5x-15x ROI.

•••

That's a very wise move.

Eliminating the competitors for $60 is a small amount to pay once you have a buyer in mind.

•••
I don't think this sale was ever reported in this thread.
Some time back, I sold ares dot net - $21,500

I was contacted via PM at a domain name forum with a $500 offer for the name. I negotiated up to $21,500 and stopped there for some reason.

•••
I understand.
But when there are 5 or 10 of us with APIs trying to grab the same name, a single backorder is enough to claim the domain.
Also, the $60-$70 backorder names are usually of higher quality and are easy to flip for a quick 5x-15x ROI.

i don't see how BreezyHillFarm.com which had 6 drops qualifies as an higher quality domain, but i get your point.

regards,
tonecas

•••
A .COM domain name that is already registered in at least 3 main extensions (.COM/.NET/.ORG) and a ccTLD (.US) with at least SEVEN potential end users on page ONE of Google = higher quality domain

•••
•••
A .COM domain name that is already registered in at least 3 main extensions (.COM/.NET/.ORG) and a ccTLD (.US) with at least SEVEN potential end users on page ONE of Google = higher quality domain
Ahh...someone is doing the same thinking here.

I just bought a $600 domain that I could easily sell for $10K but I won't sell it for that low.

The owner listed it in sedo for $1K and he told me to make an offer at sedo. I told the owner I will buy it for $600 via escrow and I will pay all the fees. I told the owner that he will cash in the $600 so he sold it to me.

If I had made an offer at sedo he could easily send it to auction and get maybe between $5K - $15K from other interested buyers.

I eliminated the potential competitors by doing this strategy. I called it seek and destroy strategy. I seek the domain with lots of potential and destroy all my competitors right of the bat.

This is somewhat similar to Federer's strategy when he backorder the domains for $60

•••
Amazing Federer. Do you use Jedi mind tricks on your buyers? Great work! An insipiration to all :kickass:

I was wondering what tactics he employs :blink: :blink:!

Congrats @ poster! Send my 99% share of profits this way, please! :) :great:

•••
Sold a pronouceable LLL.in to a company in India for $500 USD as private sale through Western Union.

Last edited:
•••
I just bought a $600 domain that I could easily sell for $10K but I won't sell it for that low.

Really, could you sell it for 10k? Would like to look at the name......?

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

I'd be happy to post some sales - but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to. I've sold some names via GoDaddy Premium Listings. Does anyone know if their TOS allows me to share a sale via that medium?

Go and post them mate, I wouldn't worry about that issue if I were you.

•••
Last edited:
•••
2 small end user sales today:

AutomaticDialerSoftware dot com - $500
SEODallas dot net - $649

Paid $76 for these over the past few days.

•••

SEODallas dot net - $649

Nice sales. I am jealous of you >:(

I have SEODetroit dot net and can't give it away!!!

•••
I'll take it if you're giving it away :) I'll sell it in an hour :)

•••
I'll take it if you're giving it away :) I'll sell it in an hour :)

I've emailed endusers and have had some interest but I can't close the deal which has happened with many of my domains so far.

Any tips on closing?

ps. I'd let this one go if you can offer me a fair reseller price ;)

•••
•••

SEODallas dot net - $649

You're awesome man.

I really don't contact any buyers because I'm not good in selling. Give me some tip man.

The buyers normally contacted me with all my sales.

•••
I have SEODetroit dot net and can't give it away!!!

Now, you have a good price to base it on ($649).

Have you been asking for more than that?

Or if you're happy with half that amount why not let Federer sell it and give him 50% commission?

•••
•••
Back