Dynadot

Parked.com shuts down

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

silentg

DomainRetail.comTop Member
Impact
Parked.com shut down their site today.

Edit: they merged the site with DomainApps.com - People have received e-mail from Parked.com informing them to use the same log-in.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've heard they moved over to DomainApps.com

•••
Thanks God, its not just only me.. lol

•••
Was just coming to say the same thing when I saw the thread.

So I guess we don't have to remove the domains from our accounts,
just the nameservers to be changed?

What happens to the "funds" in the accounts.?
If an email went out explaining it I apologize, I never got one.
seems I don't get a lot of emails lately :|

•••
Was just coming to say the same thing when I saw the thread.

So I guess we don't have to remove the domains from our accounts,
just the nameservers to be changed?

What happens to the "funds" in the accounts.?

I have seen that my domain still running. No problem at all.. I hope there are no problem at my stats..

•••
I have seen that my domain still running. No problem at all.. I hope there are no problem at my stats..

I'd be worried about where my domains were parked if I got this message
when trying to login to my account where the stats are ;)

For questions regarding Parked.com, please contact PartnerSupport @ Parked.com

•••
you'd think someone would put what the HELL is going on when you visit parked.com?

You know, a message that tells you where to go to see where your EFFING domains are at?

Stuff like this is why the domaining industry has perception issues.

•••
this is not good. i think they are switching there platform to domainapps

•••
Was Parked.com bought by another company?

•••
I never got any e-mail regarding this. Went to check my stats and was greeted to a short message on the front page "For questions regarding Parked.com, please contact [email protected]". They could have said a bit more.

Edit: Thanks for the info about domainapps. I logged in and everything looks good.

Last edited:
•••
Seems like all the sites I like are changing hands this week.

Maybe a partner of parked had to be bought out and it was easier to just sell ;)

•••
no response to our help ticket yet either

•••
It wasn't sold. WhyPark (DomainApps) and Parked were owned by the same company. They just merged together.

•••

I got the WhyPark-> domainapps.com email Jan 5th

you will manage your account and domains through Domain Apps domainapps .com rather than WhyPark

Didnt say anything about parked in that email

But it says:Do you have a Parked.com account? If yes, you can link a single Parked.com account to also be managed under this Domain Apps account.

When signing into domainapps .com

Last edited:
•••
•••
has parked been sold too?

Cheers
Corey

•••
has parked been sold too?

Cheers
Corey

no they merged the two companies (whypark & parked) into domainapps.com

•••
no they merged the two companies (whypark & parked) into domainapps.com

Has that been officially announced yet?

Cheers
Corey

•••
Has that been officially announced yet?

Cheers
Corey

Not officially but some people got e-mails and calls from them. Whole thing wasn't done properly. They should've mass e-mailed all customers and let them know. They failed to notify customers. They should've at tleast post a message on their site. Poor customer service.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, like most here, I was notified regarding the switch from WhyPark to DomainApps, but not from Parked. Somewhat abruptly managed, to say the least...

•••
I also have not received any email from Parked. My Parked login and password are not recognized by DomainApps. Even my email address isn't recognized so they won't send me a password re-set. Not sure what to do now. Geez, how hard would it have been for Parked to have sent out a mass email to all their clients informing them of the changes? This is really pathetic.

•••
This is the first I've heard of it - I agree, not good customer service. We should have all been notified.

canbrit said:
My Parked login and password are not recognized by DomainApps. Even my email address isn't recognized so they won't send me a password re-set.

I haven't tried yet, but if I can't login I'll just point my domains elsewhere.

•••
I too got annoyed.

No info. I found it from Namepros & then only knew. Why can't they just email everybody & post the changes in the parked.com home page?

Instead welcoming the new swift, everybody is annoyed due to lack of proper information.

•••
I got 3 accounts at parked.com

I had TQ issues a long time ago.

One I can login at domainapps.com

The rest I cannot.

•••
Should we change nameserver too?
Or we can let them with parked's nameserver..?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back