Dynadot

Java OR PHP which one is better for future ?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I am very good with PHP but now i am learning java because my brother told me that for my future that will great. I know its good to learn a lot of languages but if we just keep learning different languages then we will not able to make something unique in this world that's what i believe. So, i am good with php but i guess java is best but its tough for me as well. But i am very smooth with php. So what do you preffer which one will be good for my future.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Seems like a lot of the new sites that get talked about are built around Ruby on Rails.

•••
PHP is good for "simple" (can be used for advanced too) web projects. While Java is good for more advanced features, especially when it comes to security.

•••
There is no comparison at all. Java is best language and you may do anything with it. Frankly speaking I can't say PHP is a language. So java is evergreen for all types of IT field. It is used everywhere.

•••
God. This is a discussion that could go on forever. Therefore I answer:

It depends on what you are most comfortable with. A scripting or programming language is just a tool.

Therefore: try as many out as you can, learn the pros and cons of each and go from there.

•••
These "this language or that language better?" discussions are quite pointless. It is all based on opinion. Like Robin saying that PHP isn't a language (really? you said that?). Like Tia says, research the languages yourself, work with them - then you decide which is better for you.

•••
•••
php is nice for web earning but for career you must select any one from java or dotnet

•••
Both would be very contributing to your career if you master them.

•••
Standard ML and/or Haskell is sometimes better.

I think C# has a brighter future than Java, actually.

•••
Why would knowing several languages stop you from creating something unique?

Knowing more languages helps you choose the right language for the right job. Java has its benefits as does PHP. Choose the language that best suits the problem at hand,

•••
Master one language and the rest become easy.

Then it comes down to "Do I want to echo, writeln, cout, printf or any of the other 50 ways to do it?"

•••
Why would knowing several languages stop you from creating something unique?

Knowing more languages helps you choose the right language for the right job. Java has its benefits as does PHP. Choose the language that best suits the problem at hand,

Exactly. And learning more than one actually gives you more options. I never create anything in pure PHP anymore.

•••
Java and PHP are very different, and they are also very much the same.

They are different in that they serve different purposes. Java is used a lot in enterprise (corporate/IT/etc.) as well as app development (such as for Android), while PHP powers a LOT of great complex websites and platforms (including the one powering Namepros), so you really can't say one is better over the other in a blanket generalization.

If you're good at PHP, then great-- stick with it or go learn Java for other purposes. You can do "something unique" with either one.

Now, these two are also the same because ultimately, they are programming languages (purists will call PHP not a programming language per se, but a "scripting language"), and what matters is more about the project you have in mind instead of necessarily the language.

•••
Plan next 10 years, I'm sure you will make a lot of cash with php while learning java "for the future"

I'm making twice the money my friends do and they have a title while I only move up and up as a fast php developer that took 1 20 hours course and has been testing a lot XD

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back