IT.COM

Why is my CPC so low?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
What can I do to optimize my CPC, and what exactly is it based on?

Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's based upon:

Advertiser bids (which can vary seasonally - many advertisers pause campaigns around holidays)

Number of advertisers bidding (less competition = lower bids)

How well your account converts for advertisers

Which ad people are clicking on (can be a huge difference between the first and last ads on a page)

... to name a few things.

FMI and video: https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=160525

PS - you do know that Adsense program policies forbid posting your EPC and CTR? You're allowed to mention your earnings, but not the details.

•••
It's based upon:

Advertiser bids (which can vary seasonally - many advertisers pause campaigns around holidays)

Number of advertisers bidding (less competition = lower bids)

How well your account converts for advertisers

Which ad people are clicking on (can be a huge difference between the first and last ads on a page)

... to name a few things.

FMI and video: https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=160525

PS - you do know that Adsense program policies forbid posting your EPC and CTR? You're allowed to mention your earnings, but not the details.

I see. I'll have to keep those factors in mind. Additionally I never thought of the advertisers pausing their ads for the holidays; So the very low CPC may just be a temporary thing because of the holidays.

Thank you!

•••
Yesterday, I had picked out a series of keywords, set everything to auto and set the max. CPC at $3.00. My daily limit was $15.
So I woke up today to find out that I had spent 18 dollars for 6 clicks.

•••
Yesterday, I had picked out a series of keywords, set everything to auto and set the max. CPC at $3.00. My daily limit was $15.
So I woke up today to find out that I had spent 18 dollars for 6 clicks.

The most cost effective way to use Adsense is to babysit it all the time, otherwise you'll waste lots of money as Google will up your bids to the max.

•••
Where in the doldrums right now as is too close to Christmas time to have something order and shipped, and people got so much on their minds. I wouldnt make any drastic changes based on current numbers. You are probally be better off staying put through the holidays then changing things and losing your reference point.

•••
I also have noticed a drop -And been puzzled,This explains it.

•••
You are getting cpc low, because of not targeted advertisers. Optimize your ad chanel for getting maximum money.

•••
I've just had a massive decrease in CPC; from ok to nothing.

I'm wondering whether it's just because they have classified this particular site as terrible for conversions? I'm not seeing any real change in ads?

Happened pretty much over xmas and is continuing through Jan.

•••
Back