IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello, I think it would be pretty useful to keep track of all LLLL.com sales , even the little ones under $100 so that , pretty soon , when the available LLLL.com will be finished , we`ll have a better idea on market prices.

It is important that these sales are confirmed. So before to post, make sure payment went OK.

I will start with todays` Sedo confirmed sales:

FISE.com 2,700 Euros
TSRT.com US $760
VEUP.com US $1,700

Also, I found interesting to see this average LLLL, getting bids up to $51 and reserve not me. It says it all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...110154111735_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQfviZ1

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
the name has nothing to do with LLLL.com of course.

Snoopy, we in the Denial mode again?? Let me break it up for you ;)

T=1 letter
A=1 letter again
L=oh again just a letter
K=cant help it, its 1 letter there again.

If you can count well snoop, there its constituted of 4 letters, hence 4 letter dot com even though it's a generic term but none of people like yourself can change the fact that its a LLLL.com :td:

I think it would have gotten more then what it just sold for :(

•••
I think Talk.com was worth much more than the sale price.

The buyer got a bargain IMO. I know it is hard to say $500K is a bargain, but that is a gem that can't be replaced for any price.

Brad

It is a very strong name in my view, not sure I'd see it as a nice sale for the seller (I think the price is possibly less than it would have got at auction), the name has nothing to do with LLLL.com of course.

•••
I think Talk.com was worth much more than the sale price.

The buyer got a bargain IMO. I know it is hard to say $500K is a bargain, but that is a gem that can't be replaced for any price.

Brad

Absolutely agree with you there Brad, this could have been the PERFECT domain for any mobile service provider or even for a social site. Its perfect :gl:

•••
Today on TDNX:

zqcf $20
xrjq $20
xkdt $20
vbly $25
svql $20
qbaz $20
nmqb $25
kger $125
jviq $20
jjfy $20
jaqg $40
afxz $36
renewals have been added

•••
Snoopy, we in the Denial mode again?? Let me break it up for you ;)

T=1 letter
A=1 letter again
L=oh again just a letter
K=cant help it, its 1 letter there again.

If you can count well snoop, there its constituted of 4 letters, hence 4 letter dot com even though it's a generic term but none of people like yourself can change the fact that its a LLLL.com :td:

I think it would have gotten more then what it just sold for :(

That isn't why the name is valuable. It is a bit like noticing Bill Gates drives a BMW then concluding the BMW must be the reason why he is worth so much.

The word just happens to have 4 letter in it, just like alot of words have 3 letter, 5 letters or 10 letters. The name isn't worth alot because it is a 4 letter domain. Only in 4 letter land do people post up news like this as though it is good news for (or even relevant to) that niche.

•••
Nobody is debating that it is a powerful keyword snoop. We are just simply posting facts about prices. Nothing more, nothing less. Just because there are words in the dictionary that happen to have 4 letters, doesn't mean they can't be included in 4 letter sales threads. You like to argue, just for the sake of arguing.

•••
haha go Talk.com - i own Talked.com :D

•••
on snap today:
Adge.com $1130
enrb.com $275

•••
•••
Today on TDNX:

yvhh $25
zbzg $107
rcxf $20
pnzy $20
mpuo $30
idjq $20
hvyh $20
hyvh $20
gwbw $30
faqr $75
aywp $20
renewals have been added

•••
That isn't why the name is valuable. It is a bit like noticing Bill Gates drives a BMW then concluding the BMW must be the reason why he is worth so much.

I think a better analogy might be to compare it to a very old gold coin. The ultimate value of the coin is the gold from which it is made, however the fact that it is old, rare and collectable adds to the value.

Talk.com is a golden one word name with the rareity and collectablity of the best LLLL.com's. Being an LLLL.com definetly should have increased the overall value, from a domainers perspective. However the buyer might not care less.. which is the point you are makeing, I think.

•••
I understand your focus is only on the low end market. But the high end of the market is still a part of the LLLL.com market, whether you want to discuss it or not.

Brad

The word just happens to have 4 letter in it, just like alot of words have 3 letter, 5 letters or 10 letters. The name isn't worth alot because it is a 4 letter domain. Only in 4 letter land do people post up news like this as though it is good news for (or even relevant to) that niche.

•••
Snoop, do you honestly believe anyone thinks it sold for what it did because it has 4 letters? Nobody here is suggesting LLLL.coms are more valuable because of what Talk.com sold for...

•••
I think a better analogy might be to compare it to a very old gold coin. The ultimate value of the coin is the gold from which it is made, however the fact that it is old, rare and collectable adds to the value.

Talk.com is a golden one word name with the rareity and collectablity of the best LLLL.com's. Being an LLLL.com definetly should have increased the overall value, from a domainers perspective. However the buyer might not care less.. which is the point you are makeing, I think.

Whether the word "talk" is spelt with 3, 4 or 5 letters adds very little to its value. My point is the numbers of letters is not the reason for its immense value. The reason it is so valuable is because it is a very common term.

With a gold coin age has a huge effect on value and it is not true to say "ultimate value of the coin is the gold from which it is made".

"however the fact that it is old, rare and collectable adds to the value"

So following on from this logic we should conclude that because talk.com is a common word that "adds to its value"? That is nonsense, it is valuable because it is a common term. If there was no such word as "talk" what do think it would be worth? It would be a completely different category of domain name.

•••
Who has claimed Talk.com sale made all LLLL.com more valuable? Of course it has no impact on the market as a whole. However, it is a LLLL.com and discussion is fine here.

Look at the title of this thread - The LLLL.com sales and discussion thread

Brad

Whether the word "talk" is spelt with 3, 4 or 5 letters adds very little to its value. My point is the numbers of letters is not the reason for its immense value. The reason it is so valuable is because it is a very common term.

With a gold coin age has a huge effect on value and it is not true to say "ultimate value of the coin is the gold from which it is made".

"however the fact that it is old, rare and collectable adds to the value"

So following on from this logic we should conclude that because talk.com is a common word that "adds to its value"? That is nonsense, it is valuable because it is a common term. If there was no such word as "talk" what do think it would be worth? It would be a completely different category of domain name.

•••
Snoop, do you honestly believe anyone thinks it sold for what it did because it has 4 letters? Nobody here is suggesting LLLL.coms are more valuable because of what Talk.com sold for...

You can see the argument some are making,

"Being an LLLL.com definetly should have increased the overall value, from a domainers perspective."

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Who has claimed Talk.com sale made all LLLL.com more valuable?

Nobody. The argument seems to be that it sold for a lot partly because it is a LLLL.com.

•••
You can see the argument some are making,

"Being an LLLL.com definetly should have increased the overall value, from a domainers perspective."

You don't think it adds to the overall value at all, from any perspective?

Im not saying the sale happend because it was an LLLL.com. Not at all, the sale happend because it is a highly popular word and term with many potential uses and extremly easy for users to find and remember. And a great price!

All Im saying is that in the eyes of a LLLL.com collector, Talk is a gem.. of course, any LLLL.com word is, but the fact that it is a word and a highly popular term makes it a beautiful LLLL.com.

I can see it from both perspectives. And as I said before, Im sure the buyer couldn't care less about the fact that it is an LLLL.com.

Yeah, my gold coin analogy might be a bit off, but it didn't quite understand yours. .. LOL, but then, to each his own. Im just sharing my ideas, thinking outloud and having fun, not arguing. :)

GG

Last edited:
•••
I feel, that since Talk.com is only a triple premium, that it should have sold for slightly less. If that last letter would have been a premium letter.......now we're talking some serious "coin".

•••
I feel, that since Talk.com is only a triple premium, that it should have sold for slightly less. If that last letter would have been a premium letter.......now we're talking some serious "coin".

LOL, If only that last letter were a vowell, it would have sold for 5 million easy.. LMAO. j/k
:lol::p:lol:

•••
I would much rather have GOLD.com -- but only because it's a quad premium :laugh:

•••
I would much rather have GOLD.com -- but only because it's a quad premium :laugh:

Yeah, then you could use it for your blog. LOL

•••
NJ:

sgli $276
nfbe $163
mcnf $153
bngr $121

•••
just bought a bulk of 140+ quad premium LLLL.com names for the chinese market :)

•••
•••
•••
Back