IT.COM

Can't see shockwave player?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I have never used Flash video before but i've downloaded the adobe shock wave player but cant find it on my computer? i need the player because i have some .swf files i need to put on a website. I was told to move the .swf files and the player to my web site folder after placing the html where i would like the clip to appear on the page. I've done a search and looked in all the usual places on my computer but cant find the player even after uninstalling and reinstall. Does anyone know what the problem is or if there are issues with the shockwave player and Windows XP SP2? Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
First thing first, Flash Player is required by you to run .SWF Files in your browser, Shockwave is not really needed in most cases. Download the Shockwave player and Flash Player from Adobe.com and it will automatically install in your browser, you don't need a standalone version. If you can view these SWF Files in your browser than you have the player in your PC. No need to find it. However if you are interested, you'll be needing to go to the Browser's plugins for that.

Leaving that aside. Simply embed the Flash File in your HTML using.

<object data="****.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="XXXX" height="XXX" alt="Text">
<param name="movie" value="****.swf" />
<param name="quality" value="high" />
</object>

And Upload. Your .SWF files will be available to view on the HTML page.

For standalone versions of Flash you need to purchase Adobe Flash. The player comes built in as a standalone version for the software.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back