IT.COM

LLL.de

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I read VURG's thread that says lll.de is 50% bought out. I got curious about their value after seeing several on Sedo selling at about €60 or so.

Any ideas why lll.de hasn't sold out yet, when other extensions like .co.uk did long long ago.

And with decent letters, any value?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think it is about L-L-L.de? Not sure though. I think all LLL.de's are taken.

•••
•••
.de has over 10 million domains bought out. It is very popular.

Nobody has confirmed that all LLL.de has taken. I think that they probably are but I am waiting for confirmation before saying that they have. I think LLL.de are better than a lot of other 3 letter domains with extensions taken and so if they are available then they are great purchases.

•••
VURG said:
.de has over 10 million domains bought out. It is very popular.

Nobody has confirmed that all LLL.de has taken. I think that they probably are but I am waiting for confirmation before saying that they have. I think LLL.de are better than a lot of other 3 letter domains with extensions taken and so if they are available then they are great purchases.

I checked 18 random LLL's at EuroDNS. All were taken.

I don't know where I heard it but all LLL.de, .it, .nl .co.uk are taken. Not sure about .fr and .ru though.

LLL.co.uk's are pretty valuable, I think any purchase in the $xxx zone is good.

•••
apart from .cn, .co.uk and .de are the most regged cctlds in world.
more valuable than .cn too or any other cctld. LLL of both were regged out years ago

•••
all LLL.in are taken too.

•••
•••
all LLL.de are definately taken - and this for a long time now!
prices aren't that good currently, but i think they will raise again very soon.
i have 10 LLL.de's - and i have the time to wait ;)

•••
.de is about as valuable as .net by number of registrations ;)

•••
Alex said:
I checked 18 random LLL's at EuroDNS. All were taken.

I don't know where I heard it but all LLL.de, .it, .nl .co.uk are taken. Not sure about .fr and .ru though.

all LLL.ru are taken (since approx. 1.5-2 years). I am happy I have three of them regged at regfee 3 years ago :). Secondary market starts at $250 imho, but I am not 100% sure. There are some obstacles in selling/transferring them (you have to send a notarised letter to the registrar if you want to trasfer the domain to another owner). However it is being expected these rules will be softened soon. Non residents are not discriminated and are allowed to own .ru domains.

all CCC.ru are taken as well (since approx. 1 month) - there was a large one company buyout of all still available ones.

There are plenty of LLL.su available. Many .ru domainers consider .su zone being without a future, some domainers however invest there. I have few LLL.su but consider it as a very risky investment. .su domains have same regulations as .ru - obstacles with transfer, foreign ownership is allowed (unles you own gasprom.ru :hehe: )

•••
Vlad, thanks for the stats, thats interesting. Hard to believe CCC.ru's are taken!
Any idea how many .ru domains are regged in total?

•••
Thanks for the info

I have added LLL .nl/.pl/.de/.co.uk/.ru & ccc.ru domains to the bought out list.

I have heard no news on any types of bought out .fr to date

Also I have not added NNN .nl/.pl/.de/.co.uk/.it or 2 character domains for these extensions as I don't know if they are bought out or exist.

•••
VURG said:
Thanks for the info

I have added LLL .nl/.pl/.de/.co.uk/.ru & ccc.ru domains to the bought out list.

I have heard no news on any types of bought out .fr to date

Also I have not added NNN .nl/.pl/.de/.co.uk/.it or 2 character domains for these extensions as I don't know if they are bought out or exist.

Hi Phil,

I can confirm you that .de were a LONG TIME AGO sold out and good combos sell for much more than LLL.net

LLL.it were sold out last year. Minimun lenght for .it is 3 chars.

2 chars .nl and LLL.nl are very valuable as well and none available.

2 chars .co.uk exist but to my question to Nomitet, they replied with:

The minimum length for a .co.uk domain name is 3 letters i.e.
abc.co.uk, although you can register .co.uk domain names with 1 number and
1 letter i.e 1a.co.uk, but you cannot have just 2 letters.

•••
Michael_Goldman said:
Vlad, thanks for the stats, thats interesting. Hard to believe CCC.ru's are taken!
Any idea how many .ru domains are regged in total?

http://stat.nic.ru/:

.ru 1,424,396
.su 60,272

Last edited:
•••
VURG said:
Thanks for the info

All NNN.pl and CC.pl are taken. We had 1mln domain .pl few days ago in Poland :)

•••
italiandragon said:
Hi Phil,

I can confirm you that .de were a LONG TIME AGO sold out and good combos sell for much more than LLL.net

LLL.it were sold out last year. Minimun lenght for .it is 3 chars.

2 chars .nl and LLL.nl are very valuable as well and none available.

2 chars .co.uk exist but to my question to Nomitet, they replied with:

some LL.co.uk do exist, they are 'pre-nominet'. i.e before 96

•••
I confirm all the LLL.FR (FRANCE) and LLL.ES (SPAIN) are taken...

•••
Interesting discussion this started - though no one actually answered my question about value :p (I guess no one really knows?).

Are there restrictions on .de ownership?

•••
chimaera said:
Interesting discussion this started - though no one actually answered my question about value :p (I guess no one really knows?).

Are there restrictions on .de ownership?

I did answer.

No restrictions.

Please find me some for just 60 EUR and I`m habby to buy them.

•••
chimaera said:
Either way, I am curious whether they have any value. LLL.co.uk too for that matter.

This was covered recently on http://www.namepros.com/domain-name-discussion/468223-co-uk-domains.html?highlight=.co.uk

as I posted there:

All LLL.co.uk's are taken, and have been for several years.

Going rate reseller is anything from £600 upwards (£5k top one I know of). End user from £3500- £87,000 reported.

Sex.co.uk rumoured to be around the £650,000 mark.

Alex said:

That would be £0-500 which would be very good going for LLL.co.uk's :)

Cheers,
Rob.

•••
Interesting.. just checked recent sales:
QNT de $190 Apr 08 Sedo
QVH de $218 Mar 08 Sedo Auction
YQH de $102 Feb 08 Sedo Auction

Well some are pretty cheap

•••
Well I just took the plunge and bought by first LLL.de from Sedo! Grabbed zij.de for $200. Hopfully it will increase nicely in value over the coming year.

Also was looking at wqp.de (went for $185) and oyn.de (went for $250).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back