IT.COM

Girlfriend Name - Tattoo

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

LC

Account Closed
Impact
Me and my girlfriend recently went and got our name tattooed on each each other arm. I am in love with her and as far as I'm concerned we are going to be together forever. We have been getting mixed opinions from other people so I was wondering what you guys thought about this.

Would you get your girlfriend / wife name tattooed on your skin?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
LC said:

When I was 17, yes.....but now that I'm much older - looking back - NO!!!

I have a small hummingbird on my right arm, with my daughter's father's name
above it, makes it hard to wear short sleeves in a corporate environment
(at least for a female) - And after we broke up, every guy I went out in public
with while I was wearing short sleeves, was called the name on my arm....

I like the hummingbird...just the name I regret!

:imho:

•••
I have my wifes name on my forearm, she has mine on her hip. I see it as a statement of eternal love

•••
I have a small hummingbird on my right arm, with my daughter's father's name
above it, makes it hard to wear short sleeves in a corporate environment
isn't your daughter's father you?

•••
All domainers aren't dudes.

•••
vladut said:

Notice the "Mis" in the name lol

•••
•••
vladut said:

Not if she's a female

•••
LC said:

I'd rather have my first domain name tattooed on my skin :lol:

•••
vladut said:

:lol: I'm her mother!

•••
well for me not. there's always been some other way of sharing your love to one another. but of course some does it like that, tattoos but for me no.

•••
You can always get it covered up, with a Tattoo later, Should the two of you split apart. I have yet to get a Tattoo with my wives name, I got angels wings and a memorial to my mom on my back just recently, Now i have two Tattoos , And i had to get the Panther i had done back in 1984 refilled, it had faded bad, it now looks like it did the day i got it.

I left room beside my moms memorial tattoo, for my dad, he has terminal Cancer,And his will be right beside my mom.

Tattoos are a very personal thing to me, I will most likely get something other than just my wifes name, when i get a tattoo honoring her.

I will get a NamePros Tattoo, On my left shoulder, The size Ron Wants it, For a mere $3000, Now that is cheap advertising! Ron??? You up for it :laugh:

I will also carry NamePros.com on my number 17 Modified race car, For a mere $3000 sponsership from NamePros, Ron You Up For It??? :laugh:

I will also carry NamePros.com on my Atv, which will being raced in enduro events, and alot of the events are shown on the "Speed" Channel on cable TV, Ron, You Up For It , This is maximum exposure we are talking here, Minimum offer $5000, It get national TV exposure ya know :laugh:

Last edited:
•••
well i was going to tattoo my first girlfriends name (who was probably 2 years older to me!) on my right arm when i was 15 ;)
we were dam serious... but then decided not to because i was scared of our strict parents...
but then later withing 2 months i realized that i had another girlfriend ;)

•••
I would if he asked me to. I also would sooooooooo totally get the NP logo on my body too!! ;)

•••
I don't mean to spark any 'flames' or the like but - and I know this isn't applicable to all people - should something so superficial really be needed?

I mean OK perhaps it's a symbol of how serious you are about each other but surely it would be better to express that in other ways rather than something that in fact you could end up regretting and like I say, is arguably very superficial.

Having said that, each to his own and all and if you really want to then go for it...just make sure you're 100% comfortable with the idea and be realistic about the worst outcome! I can completely see where the idea is coming from but just think that when the words 'tattoo, permanent and skin' come into close contact you should take a while to evaluate the situation!

•••
Matthew. said:
I don't mean to spark any 'flames' or the like but - and I know this isn't applicable to all people - should something so superficial really be needed?

I mean OK perhaps it's a symbol of how serious you are about each other but surely it would be better to express that in other ways rather than something that in fact you could end up regretting and like I say, is arguably very superficial.

Having said that, each to his own and all and if you really want to then go for it...just make sure you're 100% comfortable with the idea and be realistic about the worst outcome! I can completely see where the idea is coming from but just think that when the words 'tattoo, permanent and skin' come into close contact you should take a while to evaluate the situation!

I see your point, I got my first tatto in 1984, Tattoos WERE NOT cool then, However, The tattoo i got, was a personal thing, and very special to me, and still is. The memorial for my mom, Is very special and dear to my heart.

Tattoos are the in thing today, I wouldn't get one because every one else is doing it, Not a good thing ,Imo

I do plan on getting my favorite band of all time, QUEENSRYCHE Eblem tattooed on me, Why?? Because i have met the band in person a few times, I have seen them live at least 20 times, They have brought me happiness for 20 years! yes 20 years. 20 years of kick ass concerts, They have signed everything i have asked to be signed, The joy they have brought me, and the amount of years they have done it, Is very special to me.

I will be going to see QUEENSRYCHE again, Live in concert at the The Palladium Ballroom , Dallas , TX
Sat, Feb 16, 2008 7:00 PM

Last edited:
•••
Personally I wouldn't get a tat period- but remove the bias and still no, I think after marriage sure, but girlfriend? I've fell for a girlfriend before, even made marriage plans and that didn't work out at all. nonetheless, if it works out great, if not remember to get that removed b/f the next girlfriend sees it ;)

-Ryan

•••
Never. Honestly, no. So many relationships end up failing now days, it is just too big of a risk to have someone elses name imprinted on your body, visible for anyone who can see it, to.

It might be others people's fun but it isn't my cup of tea.

•••
Tattoos? Generally yes. Relationship/Name Tattoos of your significant other - absolutely not! It takes already forever to get the divorce papers, then i'm going to give myself something irremovable or only removable by throwing more money at it?!
The same applies to a regular relationship. Ultimately, it's her name, she can carry it proudly, just not on my skin ;)

Other tattoos, if done taste and skillfully and in locations where a short sleeve shirt and/or business wear covers them up completely - yes.

Just my .2€ ;)

M.

•••
I have several tatts and want to add more, the names of my four children. I would never get anyone else's name tattooed on me for the simple reason being that my kids will always be my kids and as terrible as it sounds, my wife may not be my wife forever. It's just the way it is.

By the way, my wife and I have a solid relationship and she won't get my name tattooed on herself either.

Ask Johnny Depp if getting winona forever tattooed on his arm was a good idea.

Last edited:
•••
LC said:
Me and my girlfriend recently went and got our name tattooed on each each other arm. I am in love with her and as far as I'm concerned we are going to be together forever. We have been getting mixed opinions from other people so I was wondering what you guys thought about this.

What happens if you ever break up like Pam Anderson & Tommy?

•••
I want to get the NP logo tatooed on my skin :lol:

•••
htmlindex said:
What happens if you ever break up like Pam Anderson & Tommy?

The general idea is to not break up, if you are thinking about breaking up, you have no business being in a relationship. Well this applies in marriage anyway, if you dont plan on marrying this girl and being with her forever, dont get a tattoo. But if she is the one, and you plan on marrying her, do it. I think i said this earlier, but marriage/relationship is a choice, if you both chose to stay together forever, than you will. Your feelings of puppy love will fade away, When that happens, you have a choice, continue the relationship, or find a new one. I'm a traditional man, and i believe marriage is forever. So for me the choice is easy

•••
Get your daughters name on your body.
She'll be your daughter, forever.
Your wife, who know how long she'll be there?

•••
i told RJ i'd get a namepros logo tattoo, He said he'd get me professional help :'(

I told Amber i'd get her name in a heart on my chest covered in roses but she knows i wont get it till we've been married for awhile, I'm not silly enough to whilst we're just girlfriend/boyfreind or in a new marriage.

I wish you luck though LC, It shows you love her alot but just remember, Not everything works out :td:

•••
Back