IT.COM

WifeLover.com - 100,000 + - Why?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Alright... after reviewing the sales from TRAFFIC, (thanks to DNJournal) I came across this domain, and couldnt quite grasp my mind around it. I did some investigating into this name...

The only thing that could have pushed its value up, was due to a large adult site on WifeLovers.com - its alexa ranking is about 15,000 which means it gets excellent traffic, but a "typo" of that site going for 100k+

Can someone else shed some light on this one?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"wife" and "lover' are two words much more apt to be used universally than words like "spam" and "o-rings" for example, plus the typo traffic you mentioned, fwiw...

•••
domainspade said:
Alright... after reviewing the sales from TRAFFIC, (thanks to DNJournal) I came across this domain, and couldnt quite grasp my mind around it. I did some investigating into this name...

The only thing that could have pushed its value up, was due to a large adult site on WifeLovers.com - its alexa ranking is about 15,000 which means it gets excellent traffic, but a "typo" of that site going for 100k+

Can someone else shed some light on this one?

Which Traffic did that sell at? Looking at the live and silent lists, doesn't appear to be this one.

•••
That, my friend, is a good question.

NameTrader.com said:
Which Traffic did that sell at? Looking at the live and silent lists, doesn't appear to be this one.
Was on DNJournal I believe.

•••
I may have made an assumption. This was a Moniker sale that was listed today - My Appologies.

hollywood said:
"wife" and "lover' are two words much more apt to be used universally than words like "spam" and "o-rings" for example, plus the typo traffic you mentioned, fwiw...

Perhaps, but the combination of "Wife Lover" in google search results only yielded 200,000 or so....

•••
T.r.a.f.f.i.c - probably because the OVT with extension for wifelover.com is 1545

(wifelovers.com is 103673 D-: - it must be good !)

•••
So you believe this was due solely because of typo traffic for an Adult site? Anyone else think that still seems excessive?

•••
domainspade said:
So you believe this was due solely because of typo traffic for an Adult site? Anyone else think that still seems excessive?
I dont think that any typo traffic worth $100,000 only if we talking about typo for Yahoo or Google ( While this will never happen too ) , but may be some end-users were very interesting in wifelover.com that made the price skyrocket.

Traffic Alexa Rank for wifelover.com : No Data
No alexa rank .. so that mean 1 - 50 maximum daily visitors for wifelover.com !

•••
domainspade said:

Yes I do but that does'nt mean I'm right :lol:

Any other suggestions ?

•••
Am I the only ones having a problem understanding where this sale came from?

So... Potential for this sale are as follows (as suggest by NPers)

1) EndUser Magic
2) Adult Typo Traffic

Any other reason for the big dollars?

•••
Agree Justin. Perhaps it was bought by the owner of wifelovers.com? They'd probably have the money.

•••
I was thinking maybe WifeLovers.com picked it up, but the whois has two different people.

1.) I say it's due to the traffic.
2.) or wifelovers.com picked it up.

•••
...er...Wife swopping is getting alot more popular?? :hehe:

I was more suprised at a hyphen one going for $82,390 D-:
18-Wheeler.com

•••
So.... now were throwing the WifeLovers.com into the mix. I had considered that, but would it make sense (considering the site) to purchase a 100,000 + dollar domain name? Couldnt that capital be used to clean up the site a bit?

So.... the 3 possible sales reasons:

1) EndUser Magic
2) Adult Typo Traffic
3) Purchase by WifeLovers.com

•••
If someone has a plan to develop it, this domain will make the money back.
So it is possible a end user.

We could just wait a few month to see what site will be displayed.

•••
Cache,

I am eager to see what happens with this domain..... I have one VERY VERY similar to it.

Justin

•••
I'm always amazed at what other people's domains sell for :(

•••
stub said:
I'm always amazed at what other people's domains sell for :(
Amen Stub
I wondered about this domain as well. It would not make sense to me to put a similar site to wifelovers<.>com on the domain - both domains would leak traffic like crazy. There isn't an affiliate program (although tarcash<.>com is registered by the same person as wifelovers<.>com
wifelover<.>com must make money from that parked page - it's all sponsor links.

•••
So guys - how does the domain name MomLover.com compare to WifeLover.com? Ironically, it was a TDNAM capture that was just moved into my account this morning. Which is my main reason for being so curious as to why WifeLover.com sold for so much.

Justin

•••
MILF would have been better in a perfect world.
but it's a great capture.
when i see wife - i think of swingers - and cheating.
when i see mom - i think of (my eyes my eyes) - just a woman of a certain age, who has kids - but of course is still sexy (ha ha)

•••
Agreed on the "MILF" vs "Mom" keyword - however using "Mom" gives the domain functionality to be either Adult or Mainstream.... but I am curious who purchased WifeLover.com and why.... I suppose the parking may be an indicator, however unsure of the domain has technically changed hands yet....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back