Dynadot

.mobi Type-in traffic for .mobi - Good signs

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Very interesting.

December 2006
The type-in traffic across my 200 keyword .mobi names was approximately 250 type-ins for the entire month.

April 1st 2007
The type-in traffic across my 200 keyword .mobi names is going to be 50.

Assuming this holds, we're looking at a 600% increase in type-in traffic in 4 months.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
jeremyp said:
Very interesting.

December 2006
The type-in traffic across my 200 keyword .mobi names was approximately 250 type-ins for the entire month.

April 1st 2007

Assuming this holds, we're looking at a 600% increase in type-in traffic in 4 months.

I don't trust you for today... :-/ :wave:

•••
I'm good for only a single April fools joke.

This is not one of those jokes. :)

gemulder said:
I don't trust you for today... :-/ :wave:

•••
It is a good sign and it makes me curious...

Is this an overall experience?

Stats please?

•••
I got some typeins too! Fantastic :D

•••
•••
Once burned, twice shy BABY! :p :snaphappy:

Have fun!
-Jeff B-)

•••
JP...I think you have the numbers backwards...should be 50 in dec then 250 in april?

•••
dentalpro said:
JP...I think you have the numbers backwards...should be 50 in dec then 250 in april?
No...I think he means that's 50 so far -- with a projected total of 1500 for the month. (A 600% increase over 250...)

•••
jeremyp said:
Very interesting.

December 2006

April 1st 2007

Revenue/paid clicks would probably be a better measure, at that level a fair proportion of traffic will be bots and other domainers.

•••
snoop said:
Revenue/paid clicks would probably be a better measure, at that level a fair proportion of traffic will be bots and other domainers.
I agree, and I think it's going to be a while before we see any significant revenue from .MOBI domains. Even the most generic names get very little traffic, because the extension is still relatively unknown. Then, among those who have heard about it, how many are actually using it to surf... Then, among those who are actually using it to surf, how many have clicked ads, or purchased anything on their mobile... etc.

It's going to take a while for things to trickle down.

•••
I am now starting to visit/surf mobi sites on my pc. I even use pizzaz.mobi to find the telephone number to order a pizza. You want to know why? Because I can find the information faster on a mobi site. I don't have to wade thru all the garbage to find the information I am looking for.
So lets not forget the pc traffic along with the mobi traffic! :)

•••
texasgamer said:
I am now starting to visit/surf mobi sites on my pc. I even use pizzaz.mobi to find the telephone number to order a pizza. You want to know why? Because I can find the information faster on a mobi site. I don't have to wade thru all the garbage to find the information I am looking for.
Ok, well you are just weird. :p

I guess you have a point though. A lot less to look thru on a site designed for small screens.

•••
texasgamer said:

Your damn right; For a "quick" and "current" search you also use .mobi on your desktop! :kickass: :great: :lala:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back