Dynadot

GoDaddy Registration Help - Call PIN

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,

I deal with many registrars. but, this is the first time, i am dealing with the big man, GoDaddy.

I registrered successfully. I logged out and i tried to login this time, i supplied the correct username and password. No problem. It asks me the PIN (call) to verify. i can't call from here (india) to there and is there any way to sort this problem out. What is PIN?

any help greatly appreciated. thanks.

and also, i have't received any email notification from Godaddy with my registration (welcome message like others usually send). I checked it Bulk (spam) mails too. any idea?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
a PIN? I only use my login/password to log in, no PIN required :(

is this the direct godaddy.com address or a link through some spam mail etc?

•••
ThreeD said:

i directly registered today. my username is dongan.

http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/default.asp

ok. fine. i sorted out.

This is what i am asked.

Please create a 4-digit PIN number for your account.

If you call customer support, we will use this PIN number to verify your identity and account information. Your PIN helps us ensure that we're speaking to the appropriate account owner.

This PIN is only used to verify your identity and account information. You cannot use your PIN to access your accounts online.
Your Call-in PIN:
(The Call-in PIN must be 4 digits)

I thought we should call GoDaddy team to get this number. I entered my number and it accepts.

thanks for your help. i sorted out.

•••
ThreeD said:

hmmm I can't even remember ever signing up with a PIN. I may have forgotten it :hehe: Just hope I never have to call GD support..

Glad you sorted it all out!

•••
•••
•••
those are the emails that are on from: if ever there's a domain transfer to me. or you might want to try posting comment here:
http://www.bobparsons.com/
his secretaries will reply faster. :) i've tried it before works every time

•••
weblord said:
those are the emails that are on from: if ever there's a domain transfer to me. or you might want to try posting comment here:
http://www.bobparsons.com/
his secretaries will reply faster. :) i've tried it before works every time

thanks for the link,

•••
hold on let me see if i can get help from help center of godaddy....
logging into gd account...
I think i got the call pin. login into godaddy.com account
then click on(right) my account, click on "account security information"
you will see this on the right
Your Call-in Pin is a 4-digit number that you supply to the Customer Service or Technical Support Representative when you call us, in order to verify your identity and customer account.
just below that sign you will see 4-digit call pin . HTH

have you found it? problem solved?

Last edited:
•••
He is asking what a PIN is. A PIN is a 4-digit number, any 4-digit number, that you use to verify your account if you were to ever call GoDaddy Support. It can be anything you want. If you don't ever plan to call them then you can make up any number and forget about it.

Basically it is like a password.

You can create any PIN you want.

•••
cfguru360 said:
He is asking what a PIN is. A PIN is a 4-digit number, any 4-digit number, that you use to verify your account if you were to ever call GoDaddy Support. It can be anything you want. If you don't ever plan to call them then you can make up any number and forget about it.

Basically it is like a password.

You can create any PIN you want.

Thanks. I managed to sort this out.

•••
Is it me or godaddy are really making simple things complicated ?

•••
Basically it is just a verification for when you call them. It is just like a Credit Card pin. You create one, and then when you call, they will ask what it is so they know that you are the legit owner of the account.

And WildWestDomains uses it as well. As well as WWD resellers have it too. Basically every registrar in the GoDaddy network asks for it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back