Dynadot

Solution to rubbish 1and1 WebMail System?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi.

Im using 1and1's webmail system to reply to emails because it looks more professional then sending emails from a hotmail.com or googlemail.com account.

However, their whole system sucks. It's slow and constantly goes down for maintenance.

Is there some software I can download that will import my emails and then when I reply it still looks as if the repsonse is coming from the original domain?

Thanks.

So just to clarify - the main thing i need is for my reponses to come from my domain name - not hotmail.com etc.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can choose another webhost to host your email services, if the server keeps going down, you might miss out important in future. Let me know where you are located and I recommand you a stable host for you... :D

•••
noswad said:
Hi.

Im using 1and1's webmail system to reply to emails because it looks more professional then sending emails from a hotmail.com or googlemail.com account.

However, their whole system sucks. It's slow and constantly goes down for maintenance.

Is there some software I can download that will import my emails and then when I reply it still looks as if the repsonse is coming from the original domain?

Thanks.

So just to clarify - the main thing i need is for my reponses to come from my domain name - not hotmail.com etc.

Depending on what email program you use outlook, entourage, etc. You can configure outgoing mail accounts to have anything you want.

I use fastmail.fm as my smtp outgoing server but I send mail from 4 different email accounts [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] all from my email program.

Each of my services at zxy.com, yahoo.com, abcd.com fwd to my main account. Very handy.

It should be configurable in any email program. Clean and simple.
I can give more info on entourage(that's what I use.) I have also set up a couple in outlook express.

Good luck,
N Fran

•••
If 1and1 is not reliable, you can't download the mails at all.

I would recommend you transfer your domain out from 1and1 to other registrar that offers email forwarding. Then you can forward all mails sent to your domain to gmail. Actually in gmail you can change the 'sender' to your email at your domain. Go to "Setting" > "Accounts" > "Add email address". That is.

•••
Thanks for everyones replies.

Fab - the gmail trick worked perfectly. Thanks v much!

I love Gmail :xf.love:

•••
Cheers~ I do it myself too

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back