Dynadot

sex6.com

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Sex6.com is being sold on ebay. The seller says that:

"Amazingly, an average of 100 to 125 curious people type SEX6.COM into their Web browser every day ~ sometimes a little more and sometimes a little less."

When i check overture it responds "No suggestions for www.SEX6.COM".

My Question is does Overture not register searches unless there is a website up and running?
(do parked pages and redirects not count even if people typed in sex6.com?)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Overture only can count searches done on its network. It would not be able to count direct requests from users.

•••
Err... what exactly do you think overture is...?

Overture isnt some orwellian log of every URL someone goes to. :/

•••
HI

The only way for overture to register a search for a domain name is if that search was entered directly into the search box at overture.com, so the seller may be right and the domain sex6.com may infact get that number of visitors per day,

But you still need to way up if that traffic is worth the price the domain is being sold for on ebay...

Thanks
Tom Dahne

•••
Monolith said:
Err... what exactly do you think overture is...?

Overture isnt some orwellian log of every URL someone goes to. :/

Sorry, still learning.:red:

Thanks for the replies.

•••
just want to let you know that google adsense or yahoo ads can not be placed at the adult site (if you were thinking to make money that way).

•••
cache said:
just want to let you know that google adsense or yahoo ads can not be placed at the adult site (if you were thinking to make money that way).

No, not interested in adult site, but what one could do with that traffic.
Thanks for the info anyway, Cache. :)

•••
Halobitt
sex6.com is a good domain
I wanted to buy it. You can try to check the traffic at alex.com or additional services

•••
ezimedia said:
HI

The only way for overture to register a search for a domain name is if that search was entered directly into the search box at overture.com

I think it also include all the sites in their network as well, but don't quote me on that.

•••
did he show any stats when he claim the stats ??

he should clarify it .... but no ovt does not show the visits :)

•••
Yes, seller must show statisic, before buying
I think, if domain have good traffic, old owner should not sell them for $xx

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back