Dynadot

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
henniemeijer said:
Is it worth it to pay someone(25 $ hr) to optimize your domains at parked.com if you have 2000 bad and mediocre domain-names which hardly get type-in traffic at fabulous.
Obviously it depends how good the person would optimize it, but in general is it worth spending time/money on perfecting the pages(even if you do it yourself you could put a value on your time)
Suppose you have 2000 sites and without optimizing you would make $ 500 a month, what kind of extra percentage money do you think is obtainable by optimizing things?(also considering your domains might be easier to sell showing better stats)

Optimizing your domains is always a good idea. I would not pay someone an hourly wage to optimize for me. How many names can they optimize in an hour? Maybe after you start paying them you find out it is only 2 or 3 an hour :lala: A better idea if you don't want to take the time yourself would be to pay someone a very small amount per name. I would just do it myself if I was you. Often times domains need to be optimized more than just once.

•••
I got way more domains than I can optimize, but I try to do them in stages; spend on hour on it here, or an hour on it there, mostly while I'm watching TV or doing something else. It does take time and a lot of copying and pasting, because I have a lot of groups of 50 or 100 domains where the theme (keyword) is the same, but the location is different. It would be *so* much easier if someday we could just upload a CSV file, so I could arrange everything and send it up in one fell swoop (hint hint hint hint hint hint hint hint hint hint hint hint am I being too subtle here? hint hint hint hint hint) but failing that, I try to find at least a few hours a week to plug away at the list.

Now that Google's external keyword tool is so much improved, I have to go back and redo some of my previously optimized ones too.

Sigh.

•••
henniemeijer said:
Is it worth it to pay someone(25 $ hr) to optimize your domains at parked.com if you have 2000 bad and mediocre domain-names which hardly get type-in traffic at fabulous.
Obviously it depends how good the person would optimize it, but in general is it worth spending time/money on perfecting the pages(even if you do it yourself you could put a value on your time)
Suppose you have 2000 sites and without optimizing you would make $ 500 a month, what kind of extra percentage money do you think is obtainable by optimizing things?(also considering your domains might be easier to sell showing better stats)

Instead of paying them an hrly wage for the optimization, why not give them a percentage of the increased PPC income? that way, if they arent' succesful, you're not losing money, but if they succeed, they get a share(hopefully a decent one from you) of their hardwork and success. win win situation.

Donny, i'm curious which 12 countries Yahoo is adding... :laugh:

•••
Hello everyone I'm Indhira from Indonesia, How are you today?
Last time I've try to sign up to parked.com and rejected, please
Donny would you like to help me? because they said not accept
application from indonesia anymore

Thank You

Indhira

•••
kemjika11 said:
............. Donny, i'm curious which 12 countries Yahoo is adding... :laugh:

Me too....... I have plenty of foreign domains that got slapped when Ask was pulled from the mix. I must admit that payouts recovered some, but it sure would be nice to go back to the old Ask level of PPC payouts.

Pichichi said:
i've decided to give a try to parked.com... My best domain (related to visits/month) had low revenue at Sedo and i am going to see how it works at Parked...
Welcome to the Parked thread Pichichi.

You should do better than Sedo using Parked. The only times I have seen Sedo do better is on some adult domains and sleazy subjects, but outside that anything clean and commercial seems to pay out better at Parked......usually substantially more.

I'm not sure why so many folks use Sedo or Sedo Pro, neither do as good as Parked.....or most any other parking co. I have found.

•••
netmeg said:
I got way more domains than I can optimize, but I try to do them in stages; spend on hour on it here, or an hour on it there, mostly while I'm watching TV or doing something else. It does take time and a lot of copying and pasting, because I have a lot of groups of 50 or 100 domains where the theme (keyword) is the same, but the location is different. It would be *so* much easier if someday we could just upload a CSV file, so I could arrange everything and send it up in one fell swoop (hint hint hint hint hint hint hint hint hint hint hint hint am I being too subtle here? hint hint hint hint hint) but failing that, I try to find at least a few hours a week to plug away at the list.

Now that Google's external keyword tool is so much improved, I have to go back and redo some of my previously optimized ones too.

Sigh.

Do you know that you can optimize an entire portfolio? Wouldn't it be better to put then in 1 portfolio. Optimize that. and then put them back to there respective portfolios?

•••
stub said:
Do you know that you can optimize an entire portfolio? Wouldn't it be better to put then in 1 portfolio. Optimize that. and then put them back to there respective portfolios?

Yes I know that, but I do a lot more than just set the keyword and template, and that's all that can be done in the portfolio optimization.

•••
netmeg said:
I have a lot of groups of 50 or 100 domains where the theme (keyword) is the same, but the location is different.

netmeg...what do u mean by the keyword is the same....but the location is different?......and by optimizing....do u mean...setting main keyword...adding title...description...keywords...and customizing template colors?.....if not...what else is it that u do?

•••
thanks for the superb support, i can access it rightnow this morning, but it's kinda slow.
you know my ip thanks for fixing.
:tu:
Donny said:
weblord - I passed it along to our sysadmins. The traceroute looks pretty good. And I don't see any blips on our cacti graphs either. But I will let youknow what I hear.

Donny

•••
tonyfloyd said:
netmeg...what do u mean by the keyword is the same....but the location is different?......and by optimizing....do u mean...setting main keyword...adding title...description...keywords...and customizing template colors?.....if not...what else is it that u do?

All that. And sometimes content, if I have it and I feel it will be useful. And some of my domains I list as available for sale, and others I don't.

As far as keyword being the same - for example, I have all 50 states in alternative health: michiganalternativehealth-dot-com, ohioalternativehealth-dot-com, texasalternativehealth-dot-com etc. The primary keyword for each of them would be alternative medicine, or complementary medicine, or alternative health (I don't even remember right now) but they each have different state names, so I would use the state in the title and/or descriptions, keywords, and sometimes content. I don't use the location in the primary keyword - that's too longtail, and it's not necessary.

Many of my domains are geo-targeted like that, either states or cities.

•••
Indhira369 said:
Hello everyone I'm Indhira from Indonesia, How are you today?
Last time I've try to sign up to parked.com and rejected, please
Donny would you like to help me? because they said not accept
application from indonesia anymore

Thank You

Indhira
Welcome to NamePros.
We have many members from Indonesia that may well be able to help you monitize your domains if Donny cant.

Try posting in our Welcome Center located:
http://www.namepros.com/welcome-center/

Make an introduction and you will find many friends willing to show you other options.

Peace,
Cyberian

Seabass said:
I'm not sure why so many folks use Sedo or Sedo Pro, neither do as good as Parked.....or most any other parking co. I have found.
One reason may be that the names are listed for sale @ Sedo and to avoid the high % payout by parking them there.

•••
~ Cyberian ~ said:
Welcome to NamePros.
We have many members from Indonesia that may well be able to help you monitize your domains if Donny cant.

Thx for your concern Cyberian, I appreciate that.
But I Still want to join parked.com, maybe you can help me with

Thank You

Indhira

•••
Indhira369 said:
But I Still want to join parked.com, maybe you can help me with

Thank You

Indhira

Parked.com is Definitely worth a try... To say the least.

- DnPresident

-----So where is SDX, the NP member that started this thread? Hope all is well with you and yours SDX....Some thread you started at almost 222,000 views.....WoW.......Viewing his/her profile, I can't see when last online but last posted .....in May?

Last edited:
•••
DnPresident said:
-----So where is SDX, the NP member that started this thread? Hope all is well with you and yours SDX....Some thread you started at almost 222,000 views.....WoW.......Viewing his/her profile, I can't see when last online

He referred Donny to Parked and currently making $$$ comission a day :lol:

•••
Indhira - We didn't stop accepting people from Indonesia we stopped accepting people from Indonesia who were only signing up to do arbitrage. There is a huge difference there. :)

I'm not allowed to announce the countries until the week before, but they are mainly in South America and South East Asia.

As far as SDX, I know he emails me once or twice a week, so I know he's around.

Donny

•••
vbigdeli said:
He referred Donny to Parked and currently making $$$ comission a day :lol:

He's probably out in his big mega yacht somewhere then. 8-X

•••
Donny said:
Indhira - We didn't stop accepting people from Indonesia we stopped accepting people from Indonesia who were only signing up to do arbitrage. There is a huge difference there. :)

Thanks Donny for your explanation,
Of course I'm not signing up for just to do arbitrage, i will optimize my domain and not to do arbitrage, i can guarantee that :) is okay slow but sure

So Donny can I still be able to join again

Thank You

Indhira

•••
DnPresident said:
Parked.com is Definitely worth a try... To say the least.

- DnPresident

-----So where is SDX, the NP member that started this thread? Hope all is well with you and yours SDX....Some thread you started at almost 222,000 views.....WoW.......Viewing his/her profile, I can't see when last online but last posted .....in May?

Guys, I'm OF COURSE "around"...keeping a "watchful eye" on things from my "mega yacht" ;) :lol:
Best of revenue to all of you and long live PARKED.COM!!! :tu:

•••
Donny said:
I'm not allowed to announce the countries until the week before, but they are mainly in South America and South East Asia.

Donny
Donny.... Google supports foreign traffic and international growth for them is stronger than U.S. growth these days......but, do you have any idea why Google pays so poorly for international traffic? I have always been perplexed why Google pays so low, but the feeds Parked.com have been using for international traffic pay better than Google.

At least Yahoo is finally getting moving with international traffic, this is a good thing.

I am excited about these new countries being added. I love foreign traffic more than U.S. traffic just because of the quirks and nuances of each language make them more fun to explore.

I'm looking at my wall map and I'm going to take a guess on the 12 countries being added:

Brazil
Argentina
Colombia
Chile
Mexico
Japan
South Korea
Vietnam
Tiawan
Australia
India
South Africa

•••
Donny.... Google supports foreign traffic and international growth for them is stronger than U.S. growth these days......but, do you have any idea why Google pays so poorly for international traffic? I have always been perplexed why Google pays so low, but the feeds Parked.com have been using for international traffic pay better than Google.

I don't know about yahoo, but Google figures in some measure of likelihood of conversion for the advertiser, and based on historical data and a bunch of other things we don't even know about, they figure US traffic converts better.

•••
Seabass, Japan is already part of Yahoo's ad feed....i'm pretty sure bcos the PPC from Japanese traffic is usually decent.

•••
netmeg said:
I don't know about yahoo, but Google figures in some measure of likelihood of conversion for the advertiser, and based on historical data and a bunch of other things we don't even know about, they figure US traffic converts better.
So, maybe they have a better grasp of conversions than the third-tier PPC feeds, huh?

kemjika11 said:
Seabass, Japan is already part of Yahoo's ad feed....i'm pretty sure bcos the PPC from Japanese traffic is usually decent.
I thought third-tier feeds were being used for anything outside of the U.S. Maybe I'm wrong.

Sigh...... high Japan PPC payout? The Japanese make Americans look so poor. :)

Last edited:
•••
Brazil, Mexico, and Australia are already available with Yahoo. South Africa is not on the list.

Japanese traffic is very weird. Somethings that you think are high priced aren't and the ones that you don't are.

As far as Google not paying a lot for certain markets, a lot of it depends on if you have ever advertised in that market. If you have you will know that the prices in most cases are pretty accurate.

Donny

•••
Donny, this might have been answered before but I can't find it. I have a domain that was a developed website before I got it and it has a lot of backlinks. It gets 100-150 visitors a day and I just parked it with you. The stats show 10-20ish visitors and 100+ 404s a day. Are the 404s visitors to my parked page and do I get clicks from them? Thanks in advance - Bob

•••
Try it Yourself and You'll see everything is redirected to main :)

I know why are You wondering. You don't get that much CTR as with type-in.

•••
Back