IT.COM

.mobi .Mobi Auction Event

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Date for Auction?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Wednesday (6th)

votes
    11.8%
  • This Saturday (9th)

vote
    5.9%
  • This Sunday (10th)

votes
    58.8%
  • Next Wednesday (13th)

vote
    5.9%
  • Next Saturday (16th)

votes
    17.6%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

iNod

Eating PieVIP Member
Impact
Hello All,

I want to have another .mobi auction before Christmas, so I need to decide on a date. What do you think is a good day?

AUCTION THIS SUNDAY! (10th)
2AM GMT (ENGLAND)

CHAT ROOM URL: http://namepros.com/chat.php?room=.MOBI

We are planning on having a much more organized auction this time. Below is the schedule for this Sundays auction.

- 40 CAP on Names. ONLY 40 CAN BE ENTERED. Priority will be given to new users over ones who have already entered names.
- There will be 2 INTERMISSIONS. Each lasting roughly 5-10 minutes. Go get some food, cookies, use the washroom. What ever. There may be giveaways depending on our time yield.
- This auction will last for 2 hours. Tops. Meaning it can go over abit, but it will end after roughly 2 HOURS
- ALL SUBMISSIONS must be sent to me (I will post an email tomorrow, PM for now) by Saturday 9th. Submissions will be accepted early Sunday but given last priority. Meaning if the auction ends up being over 2 hours and your names still need to be auctioned off. You will not be given a chance.
- Buyout Clause in Effect there is a MAX of $6.00 and the percentage is 20% of the final bid.
- Increments are not a big issue. After $100 I would like to see $10 increments.
- This auction will not just be promoted at Namepros. So do expect lots more visitors than last auctions. You may be other community members aswell as some new ones.
- TALKING, is to be kept to a minimum. We want all to have fun but this is now a business auction so maintain a respective environment for all. You can congrat on winning and what ever else. But during the bidding session. Please REFRAIN from talking.

If there is anymore rules. They will be posted. I look forward to seeing you there and hope that these rules will assist with making a more business-like auction will still enjoying it.

Any comments/complaints please PM me. If you cannot submit a domain until Sunday. Please PM me it before hand.

- Steve

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm good with any Sunday. Sunday nights are a good time because most people are home then.

•••
Anytime, bring it on. :p

•••
iNod said:
Hello All,

I want to have another .mobi auction before Christmas, so I need to decide on a date. What do you think is a good day?

- Steve
I agree anytime is great for me :)
-- Please keep that private, making it public won't help you. I already told you you will get it --

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Auction set for This Sunday!

- Steve

•••
polish those names up...

•••
Any day is good for me. But the times are really a problem here. Seems surprising I have been on this forum for a year now and attended only 1 auction.

•••
INod, just curious here. But is this going to be a live one day, or 2 or 3 hour auction? Or are you still working out the details?

Thanks,
HasRob.........

•••
I'll be there and will be looking out for a quality name to bid on.

•••
HasRob said:
INod, just curious here. But is this going to be a live one day, or 2 or 3 hour auction? Or are you still working out the details?

Thanks,
HasRob.........

It will probably be around 2-3 hours.

- Steve

•••
Any list of domains that will be in auction?

em

•••
Not atm. If anyone wishes if they could PM a list of possible names they might auction I will start a list. Otherwise it is a come on down and see the names.

Plus this time we will have some help and some more things. So I strongly suggest everyone come on down.

- Steve

•••
What time do auctions start?

•••
2AM GMT (US/Canada)

*FIX NOT 7PM GMT, 2AM GMT. 7PM MST*

I am going to hold it abit later this time too see if we can get some more people from other places in the world.

- Steve

Last edited:
•••
•••
New auction rules have been posted. Please read carefully. We hope to encourage other members from different communities to join us on our .MOBI Auction Event.

- Steve

•••
Why is the buyout so high? $12 if someone bids $40 for an LLL.mobi?

•••
For clarification. That's 9:00 PM Eastern Time, and 6:00 PM Pacific. :]

•••
I am going to have to rethink that after tonights auction. We will probably lower it. The original intension was to try to discourage sellers from just buying out. But I may have thought about that wrongly.

- Steve

•••
That'd be great, Steve :)

iNod said:
I am going to have to rethink that after tonights auction. We will probably lower it. The original intension was to try to discourage sellers from just buying out. But I may have thought about that wrongly.

- Steve

•••
Buyout Clause in Effect there is a MAX of $12.00 and the percentage is 40% of the final bid.

Can you explain exactly what that means Inod or someone? Also, is it 40 names per seller or altogether total for the auction?

thanks much,
HasRob..........

•••
Buyout Clause means the seller can cancel the auction results by paying off the winning bidder. In this case, 40% of the winning bid up to $12.

It's a way of limiting the risk of putting a domain up for auction without having to resort to reserve prices. It essentially equates to a list fee payable to the buyer if you don't agree to sell for the winning bid.

Higher buyout caps mean more completed auctions and bigger rewards for bidders, but may also discourage potential sellers from listing quality names. Lower buyout caps mean more buyouts. We recently lowered the buyout cap in the regular auction to 20%/$6 to encourage sellers to list better names. This is not a comment about the .MOBI buyout rate.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks R.J, thats what I thought but just wanted to be sure.

•••
We are going to resort back to the original idea. It is going to return to $6

- Steve

•••
if i put a quality name up that i think is worth several thousand and only get a bid of $200 i have to pay somebody $6 to not buy it? is this right?

•••
Back